Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
America East teams are facing their final 7 or 8 games with 4 losses separating the top team from #4, so a lot can happen before the conference tournament.

Vermont's dynamic duo of Coppenrath and Sorrentine have led the way, but the most interesting thing is that contributions are now coming from the other starters and the bench, so that is why their win streak has continued. The effect that Sheftic will have on the remainder of the season is an open question, but it is easy to presume that it can only be positive if you have seen what he has accomplished in his career under personally challenging conditions. If nothing else, his presence will be an emotional lift for the last push of the season.

I have a lot of respect for the remaining teams in the Conference. BU has virtually the same team as last year and Dennis Wolf's teams are always tough. We look for a great college game at Patrick Gym on 2/15. This is what college basketball is all about. I can assure you that the fans in Vermont will have as much emotion in this game as some of you saw earlier this week at the Duke-North Carolina game!

Northeastern showed us a lot of talent, but the lack of discipline seems to negate this. If they start functioning as a team, they will be very dangerous.

I've seen Hartford and Maine on TV and they are well-coached, as usual and will be tough down the stretch.

I was at the Binghamton-Vermont game Thursday evening and was very impressed with Billings. I think it was too bad for Binghamton that he got into foul trouble, but so has Coppenrath in several earlier games and other team members stepped up. In another post, it was suggested that the officials favored Vermont in that game. I totally disagree; if you watched the non-calls from the physical contact on Coppenrath, you would say that there were no favors given to Vermont from the officials.

I feel bad for Albany as they have given fits to almost everyone even with the loss of their Rookie of the Year.

UNH is well-coached but they need a star.

UMBC and Stony Brook are talented, so I am surprised they are struggling.

Essentially, in this Conference, there is very good parity, so one or two "super" players can make the difference. If you take Barea and/or Barnes out of Northeastern, or Coppenrath and/or Sorrentine out of Vermont, these teams will be pretty much like every other team. BU seems to have good balance which is an excellent formula for continued success.

As a fan who has watched Vermont basketball for 50 years and struggled through a lot of 4-20 seasons, the last two years have been a great ride.

I wish all America East fans a fun February as we get ready for March Madness.

Be a good sport!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I think he was just trying to find one nice thing to say:D

Or maybe he was saying that they are coached. The dash simulates a really long pause. UNH is well (long pause)coached.

First post for Old_Cat, welcome aboard. We need more Cat fans around.

Speaking of Cat fans, where's GoCatsGo?

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I'm here! I'm here!

I'm still here. Just been doing a lot more reading than posting, is all. I haven't gone anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts