Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ship Jamal Crawford to Milwaukee for a resigned Michael Redd and then go out and sign Ollie to back up Williams.

Why, you ask. Well for starters, Redd is 6'6", and 215 pounds. He's a better rebounder than both Robinson and Hassell. 48 minute projections show Redd averaging 7.6rpg while Robinson and Hassell would average 5.7 and 5.5rpg respectively. Add to that Redd's projected 26ppg on 48% shooting against Robunson's 19.3 on 45% and Hassell's 14.6 on 43% and you can see where this is leading. And just for fun, lets include Redd's 44% three point shooting vs. Robinson at 40% and Hassell at 36%.

What we have here is a bona fide swingman who can provide instant offense off the bench at either position and who has the size, strength and skill to hold his own defensively and on the boards as a SG and a SF.

Why would Milwaukee be interested in doing this deal? They have no one to back up Sam Cassell and Ray Allen will command the majority of minutes at SG. Check out a recent article about the Bucks most pressing needs:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/sep02/72072.asp

Lets face it. While Crawford may be the penciled in starter at PG for the Bulls right now, we all know it's only a matter of time before Williams beats him out. With the Bulls, Crawford's going to be an attitude problem because of his competition with Williams at the point and the fact that after Rose, Hassell and Robinson there just aren't many minutes left for Crawford at the SG position. Redd will legitimately compete with Hassell and Robinson for playing time. And you know what? Between the three of them we just might learn that Redd is the best all around player both talent wise and productivity wise.

Would Milwaukee be interested? Who knows? But it's something I'd like to see the Bulls look into before camp opens in October.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What is a bad trade for the Bulls!!! Are u a Milwaukee fan???

We can get a lot more for Crawford than Reed. Come on!! Orlando would trade Mike Miller if they can get Crawford.

The Bulls already have Hassel, Mason to fill those Defensive Backup roles. We dont' need Reed. We only need star--quality players. We don't want to trade 1 for 2. We need 2 for 1. Just like the Rose deal. Sending 4 and bring back 2. Simply sending out two decent players for 1 great player. What about JC and Fizer for Thomas??? Milwaukee won't take it but those kind of deals are the kinds that we should look at.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>Coldchi2</b>!
why not just sign him his value is going down.. or sign and trade oak for him ,, why give up more then we have too
I believe the primary reason he wasn't pursued by other teams was because most felt the Bucks would match any offers up to the mid level exception. And I think the reason the Bucks haven't signed him yet is because they were hoping to develop some type of sign and trade deal with another team. I don't think they wanted to limit their trade options by assigning him a salary value too soon.

As for why I'd rather trade Crawford than sign Redd outright, my peeps tell me Crawford copped an attitude as far back as the Rocky Mountain Review. He resents Williams' presence on the team. He hasn't worked out with the other young guys at Berto almost all summer, choosing instead to spend the summer in Seattle. Even his teamates have grown tired of his immature response to the draft selection of Jay Williams and some fear he's turning into a head case. And from a practical point of view, if the Bulls signed Redd outright without trading a player like Jamal then they'd really have a logjam at the swing positions, especially the two guard spot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
any player that is constendtly told he is the pg of the future then replaced twould cop and attitude. i just hope he desides to prove he is the future rather then give up. i think come traning camp that we need him to push jay or vice versa. an open competetion in bball will only lead to somebody steping up ... which both need to do

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Ollie is a Buck already, and since he just signed, he can't be traded for a few months.

-Petey

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Coldchi2</b>!
any player that is constendtly told he is the pg of the future then replaced twould cop and attitude.
Sure, but for how long? He better be over it by training camp or stick a fork in him as far as his Bulls career is considered.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Michael Olowokandi, Rashard Lewis, Bonzi Wells, Michael Redd and Wang Zhizhi...just wondering if any of these players might make the Bulls a better ballclub. They're the top free agents left on the board and any one of these players could be had for the right kind of sign and trade package. There's about three weeks left until the start of training camp. Something's gotta break soon for these players. Jerry, are you listening?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DickieHurtz</b>!
Michael Olowokandi, Rashard Lewis, Bonzi Wells, Michael Redd and Wang Zhizhi...just wondering if any of these players might make the Bulls a better ballclub. They're the top free agents left on the board and any one of these players could be had for the right kind of sign and trade package. There's about three weeks left until the start of training camp. Something's gotta break soon for these players. Jerry, are you listening?
Yes dickie.

Also it does make one wonder if there are some trades in the works. These players are not signed yet. Add Payton to the list, not that he would come here but the fact that he wants to be traded.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Have talks gone down about sending Crawford to Minnesota? I know there weren't that many in the first place, but among teams with a GLARING huge hole at PG, I'd put Minnesota near the top.

As far as what they have to offer, I'm not so sure. Wally? People have expressed that Wally doesn't belong on the Bulls, with the logjam at SG, but I don't really know who else we'd get. Maybe if we throw in some filler, Marc Jackson? He'd be a really interesting player to see on the Bulls... and I don't understand what the Wolves have against this guy, seeing as how their situation at C is so thin..

Other teams may have other options too.. the Magic is certainly one. Seattle is another; it's a place where Crawford would be content with sitting on the bench, in his hometown behind his mentor.

My gut feeling is that the Bulls aren't going to get in on any of the trades that are coming up, and that's probably a good thing, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts