Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Horry's buzzer beater go down as one of the greatest moments in NBA Playoff history?

I think it does, we haven't seen a finish that good in the Playoffs since MJ in 98'

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depends on how many greatest moments you think there are - I'd say no as it didn't win the series or save the team from elimination. If it had (or better yet, done so in game 7) then I would say yes.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>ryzmah</b>!
Depends on how many greatest moments you think there are - I'd say no as it didn't win the series or save the team from elimination. If it had (or better yet, done so in game 7) then I would say yes.
If you think about it, it did save the team from elimination. They would have been down 3 games to 1. Who know how things would have turned out if Horry did make that play?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IV</b>!

If you think about it, it did save the team from elimination. They would have been down 3 games to 1. Who know how things would have turned out if Horry did make that play?
By "save from elimination" I mean that losing that game means you're eliminated. Being down 3 to 1 in a 7 game series leaves a chance for comeback - if you've already lost 3 (or 2 in a 5 game series) than a loss means you're out. The fact that you don't know how it would turn out means that they could have won the series without that play - if it was game 7 they couldn't without the benefit of time travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts