Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but I think this is the 2nd worse loss I have seen the Giants suffer...with the 1st being the San Fran playoff loss. I mean c'mon....3 FGs....at one point I was wondering was Pat Summerall still available to kick a few. That was one of the most frustrating losses I have EVER seen. I have a feeling the Giants may head back to New York and leave Feely in Seattle.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I would not consider this loss one of the worst losses ever. I would consider this loss one of the most disappointing losses ever. We had so many chances and let it slip away. :cry:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dooch said:
I would not consider this loss one of the worst losses ever. I would consider this loss one of the most disappointing losses ever. We had so many chances and let it slip away. :cry:
Yeah this one really hurt...it was sooooo awesome knowing that Eli is a clutch QB and with us NEEDING a drive he puts one together and gets the tie. Then in 2 of the 3 overtime possessions Eli drives us to FG range (Tiki's big run was our 3rd time in FG range) - I was ready to hear everyone praise Eli for the big win and clutch performance...never did I think we'd miss sooooooooo many chances to win. That play where they said Shockey didn't catch the ball really cost us b/c Feely was about 8 or less yards short on that FG and the Shockey play including the fumble was about 12 yards so that was HUGE. I personally thought Shockey caught the ball and even planted both his feet as he turned to run. I don't know....now I can't watch Sportscenter for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
MrCharisma said:
Yeah this one really hurt...it was sooooo awesome knowing that Eli is a clutch QB and with us NEEDING a drive he puts one together and gets the tie. Then in 2 of the 3 overtime possessions Eli drives us to FG range (Tiki's big run was our 3rd time in FG range) - I was ready to hear everyone praise Eli for the big win and clutch performance...never did I think we'd miss sooooooooo many chances to win. That play where they said Shockey didn't catch the ball really cost us b/c Feely was about 8 or less yards short on that FG and the Shockey play including the fumble was about 12 yards so that was HUGE. I personally thought Shockey caught the ball and even planted both his feet as he turned to run. I don't know....this one words can't describe.
Speaking of Eli Manning, I am a little angered at him. That one possession when we had the ball approaching Seattle Seahawks territory there was a pass rush on him and he just decided to throw the ball up for grabs and the ball winds up getting intercepted and we could have converted something on that drive. If we get the "W" against the Dallas Cowboys in the Meadowlands next week then all my pains will go away because we will be on top of the division and we will not have to worry about our records being tied and the Dallas Cowboys leading the NFC East due to the one game they beat us in overtime.

·
Banned
66 Posts
I can't believe am saying this. That I actually like a team from New York. I guess I jumped on the Eli bandwagon. But I was watching that game. That was a real bad loss. I want to see Eli vs Peyton in the Superbowl.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
PlatnumStyle said:
I can't believe am saying this. That I actually like a team from New York. I guess I jumped on the Eli bandwagon. But I was watching that game. That was a real bad loss. I want to see Eli vs Peyton in the Superbowl.
I would love to see the brothers go against each other, Eli Manning vs Peyton Manning. Most likely we would lose in the Super Bowl against the Indianapolis Colts but still it would be nonetheless a very entertaining game, watching two Manning offenses which are both proficient. We just need to take it one game at a time, and win one by one.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Dooch said:
Speaking of Eli Manning, I am a little angered at him. That one possession when we had the ball approaching Seattle Seahawks territory there was a pass rush on him and he just decided to throw the ball up for grabs and the ball winds up getting intercepted and we could have converted something on that drive. If we get the "W" against the Dallas Cowboys in the Meadowlands next week then all my pains will go away because we will be on top of the division and we will not have to worry about our records being tied and the Dallas Cowboys leading the NFC East due to the one game they beat us in overtime.
I be mad at the kicker. Not Eli. He did hell of a job.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dooch said:
That was still early in the game though...we had so many chances to do something in overtime other than kick FGs even. By the way, even if we beat Dallas we have a competitive schedule and end IN Oakland playing the pesky Raiders. I'm not too confident, I feel like we've left 2 wins on the board (Minnesota and now Seattle) I think we could have established ourselves as a real contender but now people will think we're just a decent team with a shot at the playoffs and not a team in command of the division and with a chance to have one of the best records, if not the best, in the NFC.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
PlatnumStyle said:
I be mad at the kicker. Not Eli. He did hell of a job.
I am just slightly angered at him for throwing that interception. I am definitely more mad at Jay Feely for not converting on his three tries. (40, 45, 54). Eli Manning did do a decent job and he had a lot of help from Tiki Barber, Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Shockey and Amani Toomer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
MrCharisma said:
I don't know about you guys but I think this is the 2nd worse loss I have seen the Giants suffer...with the 1st being the San Fran playoff loss.
Remember that the Giants needed a TD and late 2 point conversion just to tie, so it wasn't like we were ahead all game. It was a horrible regular season loss, but any playoff loss is worse. Don't forget about the 97-98 season ending with a crushing playoff loss to Minnesota, which scoring a TD, recovering an onsides kick, and scoring another TD all in the last few minutes of the game.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
RoyWilliams said:
I cant say im disappointed.
Well you are a Dallas Cowboys fan. :biggrin: Looking forward to December 4th in the Meadowlands, that game is going to be the NFC Game of the Year.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Yes I was disappointed that we lost, but think about it. We played the best team in the NFC IMO at their stadium, which is one of the loudest stadiums in the league, commited about 100 penalty's, and still lost the game because of the kicker. We outplayed the Hawks and I think we proved on Sunday that we are for real in the NFC.

Reactions: Dooch

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
tr_west said:
Yes I was disappointed that we lost, but think about it. We played the best team in the NFC IMO at their stadium, which is one of the loudest stadiums in the league, commited about 100 penalty's, and still lost the game because of the kicker. We outplayed the Hawks and I think we proved on Sunday that we are for real in the NFC.
I feel the exact same way. Great information regarding the disappointing loss. Repped. Also, ESPN said that Qwest Field in Seattle is one of the toughest places to kick in for kickers.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
dont be mad

one touchdown wasnt suppose to happen

would have been funny if the giants got away with it

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
ClippersRuleLA said:
dont be mad

one touchdown wasnt suppose to happen

would have been funny if the giants got away with it
Yea. If only Feely could have converted on one of his tries then we would have taken it. But oh well there is no sense to be mad about it now, focus on the future (Dallas Cowboys on December 4th) and forget about the past (Loss against Seattle). Go G-Men! We need this game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts