Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not quite.

The New York Giants, according to Wiki, won five World Series, but they have never won as the San Francisco Giants in 52 years of trying.

The Texas Rangers, who started life as the second incarnation of the Washington Senators, have never been there.

It's going to be a fun and interesting World Series.

Oh, and by the way...**** you Yankees and Phillies, and your East Coast arrogance and superiority complexes. :)

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Honestly, new blood is good for the sport. I have no rooting interest.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I love how even with no salary cap you still see these sort of teams make a run every season or at least every other season.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
It's the beauty of a minor-league system. Unless you have terrible scouts and make terrible GM decisions (ie the pirates and royals) teams can go from being the laughing stock to respectable in a matter of years.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Please God let the Rangers win. It's the only way the Dallas Metroplex can have the number of championship teams it thought it would have this season.

btw, Benjie Molina (traded from Giants to Rangers earlier this year) wins either way.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I read that the Giants would give Molina a ring if they win since he helped mold some of their pitchers this year or whatever. He's got a lot of respect from the organization.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
No ring from SF for sure. I thought a team has to vote on giving player shares. That's what the angels did when Nick Adenhart died.
Yes, the team votes on giving players shares. I think SF already came out and said they would if they won, similar to what Boston did w/ Nomar Garciaparra.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
No ring from SF for sure. I thought a team has to vote on giving player shares. That's what the angels did when Nick Adenhart died.
I'm pretty sure that Union regs dictate that every member of a team, traded or no, get a part share. The Angels voted Adenhart a full share (which wasn't required), but Molina as a Giant would be entitled to a part share. His former teammates will decide if he gets anything beyond the minimum.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't imagine him accepting a ring from SF should they win...it would be extremely weird.

Then again, he can always put it up for auction for a good cause, a la Ron Artest.

A little off-topic: I plan to buy a $2 raffle ticket in hopes of winning the ring, but if I win I would just give it to Artest. Seems like the right thing to do for whomever does win that raffle.

That dunce would probably put it up for auction again. :|

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, considering that is the only way he will get his fifth ring and match Kobe. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts