Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
King George
11,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.indystar.com/articles/3/229484-4813-036.html

Rick says that Jermaine is probably out for the remainder of the season, they also talk about JB a little. He only played 7 games this season. :curse:

With Jermaine out this probably means that we will be able to get a better pick in the draft. We also need to find a way to trade Bender for a more reliable player that won't get hurt as much.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I am beginning to think they should try to miss the playoffs....just pack it up and call it a season....maybe they would get the #1 pick in the lottery somehow....

Reactions: Gonzo

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
We need to still try to make the playoffs for Reggie, but there's nothing else we can really do. One good thing that comes out of this is that we should get a seed between 14 and 16 and draft a good player. With Jermaine out, Rick really needs to play David Harrison more.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Man, this season was rough for you guys...

I was hoping to see you in the playoffs to return the favor for last year. Maybe you can pull together and slip into one of the last spots.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:

I was hoping to see you in the playoffs to return the favor for last year. Maybe you can pull together and slip into one of the last spots.
Hopefully both O'Neals will be injured if we play you.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
It's all about Reggie at this point. What type of thank you would it be to tank it and just throw away his dreams of any sort of playoff glory away? that just isn't right. The fact of the matter is, despite all the crap thrown at you guys, and the injuries, suspensions, you are still right in the thick of things in the Eastern Conference. With Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest out, your two most important players, you've still managed to be the 7th seed in the East. Like it or not, I'll go out on a limb and say that you'll continue to fight back at the doubters.

Indiana will be scary if and when you make the playoffs; mark my words. With a quality coach, depth and your star(s) back, anything is possible. Let's not forget this team has all the tools set to be a dominating team in the East, as they were last season.

Keep your heads up. I may sound too optimistic, but just sparking up some positive words shouldn't hurt at this point.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:

If we dont have O'Neal or Artest and we face you in the playoffs, I think Ill hide my face from here for awhile. I dont take getting swept very well.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
R-Star said:
If we dont have O'Neal or Artest and we face you in the playoffs, I think Ill hide my face from here for awhile. I dont take getting swept very well.
While you're hiding your face, could you maybe get a job working as a hotel chef so you can give Shaq a few rotten pizzas so he can get food poisening?

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
While you're hiding your face, could you maybe get a job working as a hotel chef so you can give Shaq a few rotten pizzas so he can get food poisening?
So, I assume you were linked to the food poisoning that Kobe got out at Sacramento a couple of years ago?

Basta! :biggrin:

·
God
2,742 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
We need to still try to make the playoffs for Reggie, but there's nothing else we can really do. One good thing that comes out of this is that we should get a seed between 14 and 16 and draft a good player. With Jermaine out, Rick really needs to play David Harrison more.
After this bootleg season, i truly feel that Reggie Miller will cancel his retirement plans and come back for one more season next year. I really really doubt he will call it a career after this team which should normally be championship material, might not even make the post-season.

He plays 32 minutes a game right now, and still plays at a high level, you telling me he won't return next season when we're full stregeth and more determined then ever, even if he is asked to play like 25 minutes a game ??

Mark my words, Reggie will play in 2005/06!

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
MillerTime said:
After this bootleg season, i truly feel that Reggie Miller will cancel his retirement plans and come back for one more season next year. I really really doubt he will call it a career after this team which should normally be championship material, might not even make the post-season.

He plays 32 minutes a game right now, and still plays at a high level, you telling me he won't return next season when we're full stregeth and more determined then ever, even if he is asked to play like 25 minutes a game ??

Mark my words, Reggie will play in 2005/06!
Well, I'd like to believe that, but I really don't see Reggie pulling the Roger Clemens act...I just don't see it coming from his character.

·
God
2,742 Posts
StephenJackson said:
Well, I'd like to believe that, but I really don't see Reggie pulling the Roger Clemens act...I just don't see it coming from his character.
Which brings up another thing.... will there even be a season in 2005/06??

I know the agreement ends but are the two sides talking or getting close on a new deal? I havn't fallowed much of anything concerning sports last few months so i'm kinda out of loop...

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
MillerTime said:
Which brings up another thing.... will there even be a season in 2005/06??

I know the agreement ends but are the two sides talking or getting close on a new deal? I havn't fallowed much of anything concerning sports last few months so i'm kinda out of loop...

All the reports Ive heard have all been positive...I'm not even worried at all about there being no season.

·
God
2,742 Posts
StephenJackson said:
All the reports Ive heard have all been positive...I'm not even worried at all about there being no season.
That's exactly what i said this time last year about hockey........ LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts