Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Counting tonight's game there are only 7 games left. The season will soon be over. Any thoughts? I sucks because I hate not being about to watch the Clippers in the off-season.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I taped around 70 clippers games this year so I will be okay this off season even though it isnt the same. My favorite part of my day is always watching the Clippers. Plus they arent playing and long beach which sucks becasue I would have gone and seen them play a couple time. I might go and see them play in Vegas though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
As much as I'm not looking forward to the season coming to an end, I think 05-06 could be a breakout year for our Clippers. That's provided that Livingston & Co. stay healthy, of course. I still can't believe all the crappy luck we had to contend with this year. Just imagine what the overall record would be if we had our true starting lineup in place for more than a handful of games. I hope Shaun bulks up a bit during the summer. I understand that he works out with Corey--that should help! We'll have to wait and see what happens with the draft and potential trades during the summer, too.

I'm also happy that the Lakers are done. I heard a Laker fan on the radio the other day who's been a season ticket holder for 20+ years. He has decided not to re-up next year because he's ticked off about this season. Nice fair-weathered fan! Of course, we Clippers fans will continue to stick by our team. GO CLIPS!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
we should all get together and go to vegas for one of the games together, and then sti together, and do our best impresion of the "here we go clippers here we go" guy...in the small stadium, were sure to get noticed by the clippers, and probably remembered for a while as "the crazy summer league fans. " LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
A few of us in my section are planning on a Vegas trip this summer to support the Clips. We haven't seen the schedule yet, but maybe Weasel or someone can post it once it's ready for publication. It would be great to get a Clipper fan contingent there!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
id probably fly out there. As long as you have two people, its only 39 dollars each way on jetblue. With gas going to be about 3 a gallon this summer, thats not bad.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Prediction:

Lakers vs. Seattle: Loss Lakers 33-43
Clippers vs. San Antonio: Win: Clippers 35-42
Lakers vs. Sacramento: Loss Lakers 33-44
Lakers vs. Phoenix: Loss Lakers 33-45
Clippers Vs. Utah: Win Clippers 36-42
Clippers vs. Phoenix: Loss Clippers 36-43
Lakers vs. Sactown: Win Lakers 34-45
Clippers vs. New Orleans: Win Clippers 37-43
Lakers vs. Dallas: Loss Lakers 34-46
Clippers vs. Houston: Loss Clippers 37-44
Lakers vs. Golden State: Win Lakers 35-46
Clippers vs. Orleans: Win Clippers 38-44 SEASON FINISHED
Lakers vs. Portland: Loss: Lakers 35-47 SEASON FINISHED

That would be a very nice end to the season.

Even more poetic justice would be despite the better record, the clippers beat the odds like they did last year and skip to get one of the top 3 picks.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luckily the last 6 games are being televised. The Clippers should at least win 3 of them (NO's twice and the Jazz) and maybe a win against the Spurs since it is a home game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts