Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolves have the tallest starting lineups in the nba?

The Wolves potential opening day starting lineup will be Alexey Shved (6'6") at the point, Brandon Roy at the two, Andrei Kirilenko at the three, Kevin Love at the four, and Nikola Pekovic at center. That, on paper, is a pretty formidable lineup.

Roy is an excellent player in summer. Rubio will be back soon.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
tallest line up doesnt mean better line up.
On this day of September 27th, 2012, Drizzay has finally said something smart. Yes, tallest line up doesn't mean better line up.

Kevin Love is the best power forward in the NBA, that's a given. Brandon Roy will be a great second man for Love and I like Andre K as well, it's a formidable line up, but I don't think the height is the reason.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some think Nets and Knicks are top 3 in the East.

I think Wolves are better than both of them.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I think this Hoosiers experiment the Wolves are trying is going to backfire horribly. Do they have to pass the ball 4 times before they can shoot?

·
8,475 Posts
Still taking Dirk over Love
Yea no Dirk's time is done. Kevin Love is obviously a better player at this point. His rebounding is insane, already much better a rebounder than Dirk ever was at any point in his career, he was one of the better fourth quarter performers this year and he scored at a very good rate. There's no question Love is the best PF in the NBA.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
That's it, I'm saying it since no one else will. After all of these damn fine quality threads he's created, Ballscientist needs to be promoted to Moderator.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
That's it, I'm saying it since no one else will. After all of these damn fine quality threads he's created, Ballscientist needs to be promoted to Moderator.
Maybe of a trash forum.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
It'll be the best damn trash forum this site has ever seen.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I'd like to see it if only to see what his infraction notes would be:

you post well in offseason

kobe is 6'5 without basketball shoes

lebron is 6'?? in shoes

post like kobe has no shoes?

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

·
8,475 Posts
That's your opinion.
Wha...no. Those were facts that I stated. Kevin Love IS a better rebounder. There is absolutely no question about it. Love averaged 5 more points per game than Nowitzki did, even though Nowitizki did have a higher FG%, Love had a higher 3 point % and not to mention won the three point contest. But hey I guess you prefer lesser talented players so w/e.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
I think this Hoosiers experiment the Wolves are trying is going to backfire horribly. Do they have to pass the ball 4 times before they can shoot?
I really don't think calling it a Hoosiers experiment fits. They've got a lot of guys that take risks on the court, Schved is hardly a prototypical bounce-pass-chest-pass point guard. Love is probably the most fundamental guy on the court. Pekovic is a bruiser. Kirilenko is... well, he's got a giant ****ing dragon on his back. Not sure if that's significant, but shit: its weird. When they get Rubio back - he certainly isn't an Indiana fundamentals guy. He plays with some style, takes a lot of risks. Roy is the big question mark - if he's actually healthy and has a strong first step (that doesn't hurt to use) they're going to be dangerous come playoff time. - I could see them advancing and scoring an upset. Maybe two if Love learns to play defense and Kirilenko is really making an impact on that end as well.

A shit TON of maybes with this team.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Wait since when is moving the ball a lot a detriment. The Kings nearly won a title doing that...and you have to think they don't really have that many raw off the dribble creators...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts