15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lakers can do it?

IMO Big Five can't do it!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
None no way the Cavs three could with that record
2 games out of playoffs, and even though the record isnt great you should only compare to other east teams because this is the eastern all star team.

so now TEAM record is the FIRST thing you look at for an INDIVIDUAL selection? Lazy

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Boozer is playing great, but, his overall stats arent that great. It's about the whole year, even though I like Booz a lot. Z stinks. Maybe they'll select Magloire? I dont know. LeBron deserves it. Not many people close to 20-6-6

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
A teams success isnt based on stats. Damm anyone knows that .pPayers can get stats its how much affect they have on their team and if they are greatly helping there team.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
A teams success isnt based on stats. Damm anyone knows that .pPayers can get stats its how much affect they have on their team and if they are greatly helping there team.
But if you analyze the player's SPECIFIC contributions (what that player does, separate from the rest of the team), which go along with their stats, you can see what players deserve it despite the TEAM'S OVERALL performance. There are so many things that come into play during a win. You are taking the easy way out if you first look at the team's record. Put it into numbers. Say a team needs to reach 100% to win a game.

Player A contributes 30% to the win (best for individual on the team)

BUT the rest of the team, coaching staff, team chemistry of player other than Player A only contributes 60% to a win

30 + 60 = 90%, thus the team looses = NOT GREAT TEAM RECORD

Player B contributes 20% to the win (best for individual on the team)

the rest of his team, coaching staff, team chemistry of player other than Player B contributes 85% to the win

20 + 85 = 105%, thus, the team wins by a bit = BETTER TEAM RECORD

In my opinion, Player A deserves to be an all-star more (30% > 20%). Keep in mind that one player very rarely has a ton of influence on the overall team's performance. So even a player the has a team with a loosing record can be performing at all-star level to help his team even if it's not shown in the record.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
Cavs: Lebron, Z and Boozer

I did not see other teams.
I won't be surprised it none of them make the all-star team. Z has the best shot of the three. Boozer has NO chance.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Only team will get 3 all-stars this season

Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!

I won't be surprised it none of them make the all-star team. Z has the best shot of the three. Boozer has NO chance.
Boozer deserves it. Jay Williams said so. I agree.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
easy to get 2, but not 3.

probably no team.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Nash, Nowitski, and Walker?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Jay Williams said so?

Bill Walton probably says Luke Walton deserves to be an allstar.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts