Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Rieman, Publisher of UD Pride has published the results of his interview of Dayton AD Neil Sullivan which focused on scheduling ooc games. While it is UD focused, I'm sure much of the content is apropos for many non P5 schools. Its in a stickey "Flight Schedule" .It is in five parts and will take some time to read.

http://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33183

·
Registered
143 Posts
Really interesting read. I wanted to create and account and leave a compliment but I am apparently too dumb to figure it out. On the off chance that he reads here, thanks for the really informative article.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
One thing that's always stuck out in my mind is that there used to be a "message board" for basketball teams looking for games.

And when they were in the A-10, Xavier got so fed up with not being able to get the games they were looking for, they basically wrote a "half-funny parody of a dating profile / half Fuck You to the BCS" message.

It was something like "Frisky High-Major program seeks BCS opponent for discrete Home and Home relationship" or something.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
That message board for scheduling opportunities still exists, only it's blocked to outside viewers. Only school personnel can see the openings now being posted.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I read the article recommended in the first post, and found it very interesting.
With the calculated NET differences for home/away/neutral, I'm not sure I agree with not having scheduled at least one away game for the year.

That might leave the committee room to use that lack as a reason to exclude them...compared to another team with a similar record who went on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts