Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duquesne:

Carnegie Mellon Nov 1st at home at 730
Hawaii-Hilo Nov 4th at 700 (Hawaii plays Pitt this weekend too so they are travelling for more than one game, fortunately for them)

Will be interesting to get to see the new players and how Jim Ferry's system works. Anyone know if transfer players not eligible this season (Soko) will be able to play in these games?

Which other teams have open exhibition games? Any interesting opponents?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
If it's listed on your schedule then anyone sitting out cannot play it is an official game that doesn't count for your record.

Uri plays November 2 against Coast Guard Academy

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I dont know if I would want Soko to play anyways since the team will have to play without him all season.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Why in the living hell is Hawaii-Hilo traveling half way around the world to play Pitt and Duquesne in exhibiton games?

Edit: Transfer players (those who are sitting out the season) are absolutely NOT eligible to play in these exhibition games.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
VCU plays D2 power Virginia Union tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. We usually play them every year and they are no more than a mile away from VCU. It's an interesting dynamic as they are a HBCU with elite-level success. They won the D2 national championship 3 times and were national finalists in 2006. They've been to the D2 Final Four 7 times.

Our games are usually very hotly contested as Union has had elite talent roll through there. Ben Wallace, Charles Oakley, Terry Davis (former UNC star Ed Davis's dad) and AJ English are notable NBA players who faced off in exhibitions against VCU over the years.

The game will be live-streamed for free by VCU for those of you who are interested in catching it here: http://vcuathletics.cstv.com/allaccess/

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
UMass has neighboring American International College (AIC) this Saturday Nov 3. Frankly, I think it's a waste of time and I wish they had another closed door scrimmage against a D1 team instead.

·
Registered
880 Posts
SBU V Mansfield, Saturday. My wife went to Mansfield and gets mad at how ruthless the Bonnies fans are even in an exhibition game.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting AIC vs Umass.. My Dad got his master's from AIC and Mom got her bachelor's from Umass

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Dayton already played and beat D2 power Findlay, and will host Walsh on Sunday. Walsh was a very good NAIA program and will open their first season as an NCAA D2 program this year.

Sent from my DROIDX using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Butler beat Marion (coached by former Butler coach Todd Lickliter) 62-40 this past Saturday. The second exhibition is against University of Indianapolis on Saturday evening.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha wish I could

·
Banned
5,541 Posts
Dayton will host Walsh on Sunday.

Walsh was a very good NAIA program and will open their first season as an NCAA D2 program this year.

Ohio State 83, Walsh 71 (Official Box Score - October 30, 2012)

Muddy's Observations:

(1) Ohio State is ranked # 4 in both the AP and USA Today/ESPN Preseason Polls.

(2) Walsh made 48% of their FG attempts and 8-16 of their 3-point attempts against Ohio State.

(3) Ohio State and Walsh both had 33 rebounds in their game.

(4) Ohio State was 16-22 from the FT line, while Walsh made 5-6 of their FT attempts, accounting for 11 points of the 12-point Buckeyes' win margin.

(5) Walsh will be a good test for the Flyers on Sunday.​

·
Registered
302 Posts
La Salle plays Canadian national champion Carleton on Friday night. Carleton beat Buffalo and Northeastern and lost by 4 to UNLV during late summer tours to Canada by those teams. Carleton will play at Villanova tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Duquesne beat CMU 74-48

Andre Marhold had a nice night.

Presser

Ferry rips some players, talks about a few good things, but mainly talks about areas that need improvement big time.

States his lineups could be mixed and matched into February.

Also speaks about Sandy.

Best Lines: " I don't think anybody played well" "They looked like they were dribbling footballs"

I like his demeanor and straightforwardness. Didn't always get that before.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
VCU beat Virginia Union 94-44 tonight. It was 94-32 with 3:24 to go and VUU went on a 12-0 run to close the game. No Ram played more than 20 minutes and every player scored.

Like others have said, playing against D2 competition it's really tough to draw anything from the performance, but we looked good tonight.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts