Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally I'd like to see slava as a guy to draw out the defence so shaq has more room to work with

I'd like Madsen in doing scrap work for about 20 min a game next year 2k3 2k4 season

What are your thoughts on Madsen? I know some people think he blows, but I think he can develop into a perfect role player for lakers, they need to give him minutes though where he can get in a groove, one minute at the end of every game isn't going to make him better...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Here is how I rank our PF's

1.Slava-best on offensive-most athletic, most potential
(Tie)Horry-getting old, starting to settle for only 3's
(Tie)Walker-very inconsistent-but when is playing well-he is 11-11 guy
4.Madsen-I love his heart/hustle but I don't think he will develop any more..he is just too limited physically.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
;n? 1/2s?iginally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
Here is how I rank our PF's

(Tie)Horry-getting old, starting to settle for only 3's
(Tie)Walker-very inconsistent-but when is playing well-he is 11-11 guy
4.Madsen-I love his heart/hustle but I don't think he will develop any more..he is just too limited physically. [/QUOTE]

Samaki walker use to be inconsistent, but now he is just BAD. He is the reason why the lakers will lose plenty of games because he doesn't even compare to the rest of the PF in the west - Duncan, Brand, Sheed, Malone, etc. etc..... He probably has one of the hardest defensive tasks and he is not near good enough to perform IMO. Whenever he's on the floor laker fans had better turn away.:dead:
I forgot about Webber and Gasol, and Jamison.... man if the lakers are weak at one position its PF. Horry is a good defender though, hes just getting too old to play big minutes.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Walker ain't bad. He just doesn't fit with the Lakers. If he were playing for some other teams such as San Antonio, he would be a great fit. We can probably trade him to Orlando for a good deal. They really need someone at center.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KennethTo</b>!
Ideally I'd like to see slava as a guy to draw out the defence so shaq has more room to work with

I'd like Madsen in doing scrap work for about 20 min a game next year 2k3 2k4 season

What are your thoughts on Madsen? I know some people think he blows, but I think he can develop into a perfect role player for lakers, they need to give him minutes though where he can get in a groove, one minute at the end of every game isn't going to make him better...
Slava has the skills to play at the 4. He can shoot, play the post and board on both ends. I think the biggest problems with Slava's game is foul trouble. He tends to play too aggressive, if he can play D with more control, I'm sure Phil will only give him more mins and that's exactly what he needs is more PT to help develop his game.

MadDog is your all out hustle type of player, he'll do all of the little things that will help the team succeed, rebounding, going and fighting for the loose balls has been his strength. He knows his role already, like Slava PT is the question here with Madsen??

We'll just have to wait and see how Phil uses these 2 players throughout the season. I look for Slava to step up, he needs to prove he can remain out on the floor.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
<<<D>>> what do the lakers do at PF? Do you think they have a problem?

And <<<D>>> why does everytime I type your name it disspears when I post my reply?:confused: :sigh: :confused:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>c_dog</b>!
Walker ain't bad. He just doesn't fit with the Lakers. If he were playing for some other teams such as San Antonio, he would be a great fit.
Hmmmmm.......Walker a great fit with the Spurs??
He was with the Spurs, his playing status there was even worse than what he has now with the Lakers. I believe his years with the Lakers is the most productive he's ever been, most playing time he's ever received in his career. When Walker signed with the LakeShow a few years ago, they wanted him to start at the 4 and cover at 5. That would have never happened in S.A. even if he was still with the team now. Consistency on Offense is what he needs to improve, he can block, defend and rebound.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
<<<D>>> what do the lakers do at PF? Do you think they have a problem?

And <<<D>>> why does everytime I type your name it disspears when I post my reply?:confused: :sigh: :confused:
Walker will start and Horry to finish.

Re: Samaki
I wouldn't say the Lakers have a major concern at the 4, of course theirs always room for improvement, But they're confident that Walker's past year of experience will only benefit the team now.

Walker can defend, He can hold his ground in the while defending. He's slowly developed into a shot blocker. That's his main role is to rebound and defend. If he can only knock down his mid J's consistantly this season, he'll make it difficult for the opposition, Players guarding Walker will leave him roaming while they sagg and surround into Shaq. Samaki has shown he can hit those J's, and he's going to be effective and consistant at it. Same players and hopefully same results.

About typing my name.....space in between - <<< D >>>
:D

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!
Hmmmmm.......Walker a great fit with the Spurs??
He was with the Spurs, his playing status there was even worse than what he has now with the Lakers.
That was then, this is now. Now that David Robinson is about to retire, San Antonio can really use another big man. With Walker, they'd have a substitute for Robinson. He'll get plenty of minutes there.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!

Walker will start and Horry to finish.

Re: Samaki
I wouldn't say the Lakers have a major concern at the 4, of course theirs always room for improvement, But they're confident that Walker's past year of experience will only benefit the team now.

Walker can defend, He can hold his ground in the while defending. He's slowly developed into a shot blocker. That's his main role is to rebound and defend. If he can only knock down his mid J's consistantly this season, he'll make it difficult for the opposition, Players guarding Walker will leave him roaming while they sagg and surround into Shaq. Samaki has shown he can hit those J's, and he's going to be effective and consistant at it. Same players and hopefully same results.

About typing my name.....space in between - <<< D >>>

:D
<<< D >>> will it work?
I think he's a decent shot blocker at best (not intimidating), ALOT of times I see him take pretty bad hacks at guys or is beaten pretty bad that he is forced to foul. I guess he does need more time in the system though. Many times on offensive whenever he gets the ball he tries to do too much and ends up walking or putting up a bad shot.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!

<<< D >>> will it work?
I think he's a decent shot blocker at best (not intimidating), ALOT of times I see him take pretty bad hacks at guys or is beaten pretty bad that he is forced to foul. I guess he does need more time in the system though. Many times on offensive whenever he gets the ball he tries to do too much and ends up walking or putting up a bad shot.
I know and I agree with you Clip Show.
He's going to have to play with much control and again some consistency would help. He's one player I'm curious about, to see if he has learned and improved from last year. We'll see in a few days from now....hope it works out again :yes:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
Dude, it's amazing how much you overrate Medvedenko:yes:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Horry is the thrid best player on the Lakers, but not a true PF.

I still don't understand the beef with Samaki. He's a great shot blocker and rebounder, and has a decent face-up jumper. That is about it though, but who doesn't need rebounding and shot blocking?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

Dude, it's amazing how much you overrate Medvedenko:yes:
Everything I said about him was true.

Most Athletic:
Walker-not close
Madsen-NO
Horry-when he was younger

Most Offensive Minded:
Walker-gets some points-but they are off of putbacks
Madsen-NO
Horry-mainly settles for a couple of threes

Most Potential:
Walker-could get better, but he is too short to play C-and he has already shown he can't play the 4 consistently
Madsen-Semi-Young, but with no time he won't develop
Horry-too old

1 - 14 of 14 Posts