Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does opportunity mean in the NBA? With all of the talk of Jeremy Lin I want to know: Who do you think could thrive given the playing time? Everybody in the NBA has a certain potential situation that could bring out his best. Who are some guys YOU think could show up and give us massive numbers, if not winning numbers, if thrown into the right situation? Who is the player, and what sort of situation does he need?

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Eric Bledsoe

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
A clear case of this for several years in my mind is Jason Thompson out in Sacramento. If this guy was the 5th starter on a team like the Spurs, he would be a perfect fit. If he replaced DeAndre Jordan in the Clippers line-up, I think they would instantly get better.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
corey brewer is doing it this year but i always thought he would be a great swingman for most teams if given the chance. guy plays great D and endless energy. his offense really improved a lot since his early timberwolves days. would be perfect if he were to replace thabo on thunder's roster.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Brewer is a good choice. Seems to have come a long way from the offensively inept wing in Minnesota.

I'll add Jordan Hill to the list. I think he could be an 11/9 sorta center if he could get off the pine behind Dwight/Pau in Laker land.

I think Jerryd Bayless could be a decent starter/6mth man if he was given 30 minutes a night, but he's not really 'pure point' enough to get it.

Call me crazy, but even Jimmer looks like he could put up numbers in a better situation than Sacramento.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I disagree on Jerryd Bayless. I have given up on him almost completely. I don't think he has a future in this league.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
He averaged 11/2/4 in 22 minutes for Toronto last year. He has been poor for Memphis so far, but I think in the right situation he could do OK.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I think OJ Mayo in Dallas is a good example of this right now.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I think OJ Mayo in Dallas is a good example of this right now.
Perfect example this season. Also, a change of scenery did wonders for AK-47.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
OJ Mayo is a great example, Basel. That's actually who I had in mind when I was reading through this thread. Bledsoe is a good one too.

You know who is the ultimate "different situation" guy, Manu. It would have been very interesting to see him as the alpha dog on a team somewhere between 2005 and a few years ago.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Beasley

I'd like to see him on the spurs on in D'Antoni's system.
He has every opportunity in the world right now. His team is basically asking him to be a chucker

·
First Round Draft Pick
1,124 Posts
Andre Jamal Drummond, Taj Jami Gibson, James Taft Fredette, Eric Bledsoe, Enes Kanter, Derrick Bernard Favors and JaVale Lindy McGee.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts