Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you probably remember my post about Nash and Patterson dissing my email. So i did get the response from Patterson, he said " THank you for your thoughts".
And today Ive read on oregonlive blog that somebody wrote almost the same idea as i proposed, but in a much better way.
"
Why not buy back every season ticket package for this season. Let them all watch the game for free. Then sell every remaining seat for $10 including Ticketmaster fees. Sell the place OUT. Then launch into the lottery with gusto. You gotta believe something like that would bring the fans back.
"

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
goglik said:
Some of you probably remember my post about Nash and Patterson dissing my email. So i did get the response from Patterson, he said " THank you for your thoughts".
And today Ive read on oregonlive blog that somebody wrote almost the same idea as i proposed, but in a much better way.
"
Why not buy back every season ticket package for this season. Let them all watch the game for free. Then sell every remaining seat for $10 including Ticketmaster fees. Sell the place OUT. Then launch into the lottery with gusto. You gotta believe something like that would bring the fans back.
"
???

Your idea was to pay people to come into the arena and start bizarre chants. How is that 'almost the same'?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Fork said:
???

Your idea was to pay people to come into the arena and start bizarre chants. How is that 'almost the same'?
I think it's "almost the same" in the sense that his idea was to get the crowd more interested in the game.

Thats really not much different than selling the remaining tickets ot the games at 10 bucks (and paying the season ticket holders the rest of their $$ for the remaining seats).

For starters, the people who would probably go to the games, would be a little rowdier than those who are currently going to the games i bet.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
goglik said:
Actually I think that would probably piss off the people who payed full price for their tickets.

STOMP

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
STOMP said:
Actually I think that would probably piss off the people who payed full price for their tickets.

STOMP
Why, they get a refund and can re-buy their tickets for $10.00. Are you saying they would rather pay $50-200 per ticket to have less rowdy fans?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i hate the people i have to sit next to when i get good tickets gifted to me. they can't stand me shouting at the refs, players etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i pay 10$ to watch a blazer game in any row. I would immediatly think that somebody paid me to watch the game. And it is totally unfair to people who actually paid the real price.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I have been to games where I paid $10 for a ticket. They were late specials, like a week or two before a bad team comes into Portland.

No one paid me to go, I paid $10 and usually bought food too.

Any idea to get people to go to games is good, but I have to say that your idea is way different than this one. And the season-ticket buyback will never happen- it would surely be well over $1mil for the rest of the season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts