Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeryl Sasser stinks. He isnt all that athletic. He doesnt look at all comfortable handling the ball. He cant shoot. I get the feeling he is going to turn the ball over everytime he touches it. This kid has no future, at least not with Orlando.

Grant looks healthy, but out of shape.. which is expected. Hill and Tmac looked like they worked together very well in the limited time they played together. Grant still has that unbelievable first step.

Oyedeji looks solid, but looks like he is going to need some time before he is a big contributor.

I take back that I think Ekezie will make the team.. I think it will actually be Pat Burke. He played good position D and he has an excellent outside shot.. which with Tmac and Hill on the floor, he got a lot of wide open looks.

Kemp doesnt look to be in horrid shape, but like they've been saying, he still has a way to go. He didnt look too bad though. If he can drop 10-15 lbs by midseason, he could be a big factor.

Best looking lineup was actually Armstrong, Tmac, Miller, Hill, and Burke. Not a traditional lineup, but Orlando played good zone defense, forcing outside shots and allowing Tmac to slide in the for rebounds.. and that team is nearly unstoppable on offense..

Mike Miller looks real good.. he is in the best shape of his life by far.. he even spent a lot of time guarding the PG.. He could be avg'ing around 18ppg off the bench.. 6th man of the year?

Team looks real good.. I think they may struggle for a while, but once the team meshes, they could be real dangerous..

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dee Bo</b>!
Jeryl Sasser stinks. He isnt all that athletic. He doesnt look at all comfortable handling the ball. He cant shoot. I get the feeling he is going to turn the ball over everytime he touches it. This kid has no future, at least not with Orlando.<b><font color=blue>Truer words were never spoken. Sasser is a running disaster!</b></font>

Grant looks healthy, but out of shape.. which is expected. Hill and Tmac looked like they worked together very well in the limited time they played together. Grant still has that unbelievable first step.<b><font color=blue>That he does - that incredible first step=awesome to see it back!</b></font>

Oyedeji looks solid, but looks like he is going to need some time before he is a big contributor. <b>Agree!</b>

I take back that I think Ekezie will make the team.. I think it will actually be Pat Burke. He played good position D and he has an excellent outside shot.. which with Tmac and Hill on the floor, he got a lot of wide open looks.<b>I think they both will make the team.</b>

Kemp doesnt look to be in horrid shape, but like they've been saying, he still has a way to go. He didnt look too bad though. If he can drop 10-15 lbs by midseason, he could be a big factor.<b>I agree, he could be a big factor in the wins this year. He looks determined and he looks comfortable with his coach and teammates.</b>

Best looking lineup was actually Armstrong, Tmac, Miller, Hill, and Burke. Not a traditional lineup, but Orlando played good zone defense, forcing outside shots and allowing Tmac to slide in the for rebounds.. and that team is nearly unstoppable on offense..

Mike Miller looks real good.. he is in the best shape of his life by far.. he even spent a lot of time guarding the PG.. He could be avg'ing around 18ppg off the bench.. 6th man of the year?<b><font color=blue>Miller looked SO good tonight! I think 6th man of the year isn't out of the question - if he stays healthy.</b></font>

Team looks real good.. I think they may struggle for a while, but once the team meshes, they could be real dangerous..
<b>I think they are looking much better because of some surprises I've seen - in Ekezie and Burke - and Kemp looking so focused - and Hill having that quick first step back!</b>

Great game to watch tonight - fun! The Piston game was good too, but my Mavs lost to the Pistons who also have a few surprises on their roster for people to ponder!

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah i agree, Burke looked solid, and i'm not just talking about his play... that dude is a rock! you can add me to the short list of Pat Burke fans. The funniest was at the game last night, they played this Terminator sound clip the second he touched the ball. ha ha ha. that dude's a monster! I agree with your thoughts on Ekezie too, he looked decent, but I would say Oyedeji didn't look so hot last night. He had a lot of energy though, that was good. he's probably the only player in the history of the NBA that can use his initials as his number, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts