Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wrong About Everything
13,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- The Orlando Magic hope their return here will remind them how to win on the road.

The Magic try to snap a franchise-record 16-game road losing streak Friday when they meet the Philadelphia 76ers in their third encounter of the season.

Tied with Charlotte for the league's worst road mark (6-29), Orlando has not won away from home since January 26, when it posted a 119-115 overtime victory over the 76ers.

Hedo Turkoglu scored 25 points, Pat Garrity added 24 off the bench and Dwight Howard 22 for the Magic, who shot nearly 59 percent (43-of-73) from the floor and had six players in double figures.

Howard scored 23 points to lead seven players in double digits for Orlando, which won for the third time in five games with Wednesday's 111-87 triumph over the New York Knicks.

The 76ers have dropped four of their last five and are in eighth place in the Eastern Conference, 1 1/2 games behind Milwaukee and 2 1/2 in front of Chicago for ninth.

Ranked second in the league in scoring (33.1), fourth in steals (2.0) and eighth in assists (7.5), Allen Iverson scored 29 points with 12 assists for Philadelphia, which broke a four-game losing streak with Wednesday's 115-106 victory over Atlanta.

The teams have split their first two encounters this season and will also face each other April 15.
LINK

·
Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,148 Posts
i missed most of the 1st and caught the 2nd drunk as ****. Even in my boozin I could caught how lacsidaysical(SP.) we're playin. AI and Cwebb are way off on their jumpers and everyone else doesnt seem like they want to step up and make up for our missing O. Korver is trying I'll give him credit but our **** is so predictible this game with AI trying to create a shot..not getting it thern kicking it out to korver whos trying to catch and gun while covered tight. ORL has the paint locked down right now and every type of easy layup or dunk we try for is heavily contested. Its really ****ing up our game coming off an effort where points in the paint were our saving grace. Oh well, if ai can get his 6-7 foot jumper/floater on we will win this one. I'm out for the night but GO SIXERS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.