Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Jent makes his debut as head coach.

-Magic try to end their 6 game losing streak.

-DeShawn Stevenson gets the start in favor of Jameer Nelson.

Anyone have any hope for this one?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Nice job Jent. You took our best shooter off the floor in Nelson and replaced him with a guy who can't make a consistent jumper in Stevenson.

You won't last long.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Captain Obvious said:
11-0 run by the Magic to give them a lead at the end of the first 22-21.
Great finish to the quarter(for once) sparked by great play off the bench from Brandon Hunter, Tony Battie and Jameer Nelson. Francis started to get it going a little bit at the end of the quarter there, too.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Robert Swift is garbage.

We're playing alright, I like the current lineup with Turk at the 4 and Dwight at the 5.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who else here thinks Hunter should be the permenant backup PF instead of Garrity?

In other news, Robert Swift looks terrible. He's just a boy among men out there, he looks completely out of place. That moving screen he set was just hilarious, maybe the most obvious call I've ever seen. College may have been the best option for him.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Magic are playing pretty well, I like what I see. Nelson has played well off the bench. He came in with 4 minutes left in the first and he's still in with 4:39 left in the second, so I like that.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Magic are sucking on the glass, but other than that they played a pretty good first half.

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts
Dwight's jump hook is unstoppable at the moment but his rebounding in the first half sucked. He should be abusing Collison on the glass.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pulling out a win tonight would be huge in my opinion. Philadelphia and Indiana both already won.

The rest of the month looks very easy on paper, but again we all know how much that means. The Magic play Portland tomorrow night and then Charlotte on Monday then return to Orlando for 4 in a row to finish the month, Charlotte, Atlanta, Phoenix and Toronto. On paper, the Magic should win 4 or 5 of their 6 remaining games this month.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
magicfan187 said:
am i the only one that thinks we shouldnt be playing zone unless hedo is in there? i think hedo is our worst man on man defender
I was just going to say something about that -- why are we playing a zone defense at all? The Sonics have Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and either Ridnour or Daniels out there all good 3-point shooters who are just getting wide open looks off the slightest penetration. It also doesn't help when Francis leaves Ray Allen to help on Rashard Lewis giving Allen a wide open 3-pointer. :upset:

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I think you guys have a good shot at winning. The Sonics lineup has been hit with injuries, and McMillan is putting out crazy rotations (much like last season). Potapenko and Flip are the normal 10th and 11th men. Swift has only played in garbage time previous to this game, go easy on him. :)

Francis always plays well against us too...:curse:

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
So when did Evans become Duncan, KG, Amare, Shaq, etc. because he is getting calls that only those guys would get awaywith.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
i must say, you guys have a really nice core in nelson and howard, i havent seen these guys play in like 3 months and they have improved by leaps and bounds.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Tooeasy said:
i must say, you guys have a really nice core in nelson and howard, i havent seen these guys play in like 3 months and they have improved by leaps and bounds.
If they would actually let Howard play. He has had 3 cheap calls tonight against him, but we Magic fans are used to seeing our team play 5 on 8.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
This lineup is going to get killed even worse on the boards, what is Jent doing?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts