·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LINK

Wizards at Magic, 7

WHERE: TD Waterhouse Centre.

RECORDS: Wizards 40-30; Magic 34-37.

BROADCAST: TV -- Sun Sports; Radio -- 580 AM (WDBO); Spanish -- 1030 AM (WONQ).

MAGIC UPDATE: They signed point guard Andre Barrett to a 10-day contract and released Mark Jones. Barrett, who practiced with the team Thursday, is expected to see action immediately. He is small (5-10) but quick. He spent most of this season with the Houston Rockets but was waived March 19. Jameer Nelson remains on the sideline, but the Magic are hoping he can return sometime next week.

WIZARDS UPDATE: They are without Antawn Jamison, who is on the injured list with tendinitis of the right knee, but they have continued to win without him. They still have a potent backcourt with Gilbert Arenas and Larry Hughes. Kwame Brown is playing again after missing a month with an ankle problem. The Wizards are in the No. 4 playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, which would give them home-court advantage in the first round.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Who will play with the most urgency? The Wizards want to hang onto that home-court advantage. The Magic need a win to stay in playoff contention. The Magic beat the Wizards in back-to-back games in late January, but much has changed since then.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Needless to say this is a huge game. Orlando needs all the wins they can get if they want to make the playoffs and we've got a lot of tough teams coming up.

Steve Francis is going to have to be the man tonight.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
no

steve francis, dwight howard, and grant hill will have to be the Magic Men.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BallBiologist said:
no

steve francis, dwight howard, and grant hill will have to be the Magic Men.
Yeah, but I dont worry about Grant and Dwight showing up. They almost always do. Francis is going to have to be big against Arenas.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Dwight picks up his third foul in the first. WTF? What a bogus call. Thomas is throwing 'bows in there. And it was a late call, just let them play.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Captain Obvious said:
Dwight picks up his third foul in the first. WTF? What a bogus call. Thomas is throwing 'bows in there. And it was a late call, just let them play.

Third in the first? Why the hell was he in the game? :no:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Steve-O almost threw down the sickest dunk I've ever seen.

The refs hate the Magic, there's two guys on the Magic with THREE fouls in the first. Ridiculous.

Is anybody else watching this game? :laugh:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Captain Obvious said:
Steve-O almost threw down the sickest dunk I've ever seen.

The refs hate the Magic, there's two guys on the Magic with THREE fouls in the first. Ridiculous.

Is anybody else watching this game? :laugh:

Not yet. I'm stuck at working while we worked out a crashed server. Heading home .. just my luck i'll be home right at the start of halftime.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Holy crap, Barrett has 4 fouls a minute into the 2nd. The Wiz are on fire, up by 10.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I have never seen so many ticky tack fouls in my life. Wait a minute. We are the Magic. Most nights we play 5 on 8 any way so why is it a surprise?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
The Magic can't buy a bucket in the 2nd. It seems once Howard got his 3rd foul, it took the wind right out of them.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
A mini run at the end, corresponding with the return of Howard, gets us back to within 14 at the half.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Geez, 10 pt lead to a 22 pt lead in no time.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

This game is so suck.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts