Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of days I've been thinking to myself about the Orlando situation, and I think that it's very similar to what's happend to us last year.

Here's a team that seemed to be in the playoffs for most of the season, but now, near the end, they've dropped out of it mainly due to injuries.
This is much like Toronto last year, where we were hanging on to a playoff spot until near the end of the year when Jalen Rose and Vince Carter both were out a significant amount of time with injuries.

Another thing that reminds me a lot of both teams is the fact that they both have a rising star, Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard, who is really the main focus for their future.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
They are kinda like us but they didnt really lose that many players to injury this year as we did

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
madman said:
They are kinda like us but they didnt really lose that many players to injury this year as we did
Players currently out of action for the Magic:

Turkoglu
Christie
Jameer Nelson

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Players currently out of action for the Magic:

Turkoglu
Christie
Jameer Nelson
yea but they arent as impactful as Vince Carter and Jalen Rose are

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
true...except that orlando has more talent, more deeper in each position, in a better position to make the playoffs sooner than we are, and as a whole, are a better team....

so despite those points, orlando and toronto are pretty much similar

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Shouldn't the main comparison be that we both traded away our superstar wing player? T-mac's value was obviously higher and the Magic got immediate help in return. Babcock got future talent, on the other hand.

Francis, a supreme but questionable talent
Christie
Kato

(a decent package)

vs

2 mid first rounders (expect both to be in the 12-20 range)
filler

two very different strategies, one which brings an immediate turnaround, the other delaying it (Babcock's plan will be getting us a much higher pick than if we'd recieved serious talent in return for Vince)

We're a step behind them in our development as they have two true franchise players while we have but one. We both owe a future draft pick but we have more incoming. To be honest, I like the prospects of both teams quite a bit.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Yes, the GMs having been making equally ridiculous decisions.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Nope.. Because The Magic Made That Stupid Move Of Sendin Mobley Away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts