Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Too many interesting things going on around college hoops not to have a place to put them.

Today, we have future UVM and UMBC opponent Towson down 1 on the road at #15 Florida at the under 8. ESPN2 if you want to catch the end.

Florida disappointing so far this year.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poor execution in the last 90 seconds doomed Towson, who lost by 6. But they look like they will be a challenge. Good on the glass.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
with 99 seconds left, future UVM opponent, Harvard, leads Siena, 57-54, on ESPN+

57-56, 44 sec; Harvard ball

Harvard holds on, 59-56

UVM does not play Harvard this year.

That being said, I hope more people are realizing how challenging the non-conference schedule is going to be. If UVM manages to get 8 or more wins that's a huge success.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Handful of interesting results today outside the league. Boston College got 100 hung on them by Belmont. Belmont is an excellent mid major but BC seems to make an annual event out of getting embarrassed by someone in non-conference. Belmont shot 57% from 3 and had a 36-22 rebounding advantage.

Harvard lost again, this time to Buffalo. Dartmouth didn’t break 40 in a loss to Jacksonville. George Washington lost at home to Broadus and Morgan State. Looks like another long year for GW.

·
Premium Member
32,572 Posts
Our first opponent at Mohegan, CCSU, lost by over 40 to UMass today.

Speaking of Mohegan, the game times for the Saturday & Sunday games make zero sense.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,250 Posts
Bucknell lost on a last second layup at Canisius. Yes, the Canisius that Albany just go done man handling.

·
Premium Member
32,572 Posts
Virginia let a team score 40pts today. Things looking up for Tuesday.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After almost losing to Towson, Florida went to Storrs and lost to UConn. Florida looking like a leading contender for most overrated preseason team.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Our first opponent at Mohegan, CCSU, lost by over 40 to UMass today.

Speaking of Mohegan, the game times for the Saturday & Sunday games make zero sense.
We are awful. If we don't beat UNH or Maine, we might not win a D-I game this season.

Donyell can't sit his seat is so hot. I expect a coaching change at the end or the season (possibly earlier).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I realize we‘ll all be preoccupied tonight trying to run the gauntlet of Virginia, Washington, LSU, and Potsdam, but it might be worth keeping half an eye on Kansas. ETSU, which is one of the highest-rated mid-majors in the country (12 line on Lunardi) plays there tonight. Will be interesting to see if they can stay with the Jayhawks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I realize we‘ll all be preoccupied tonight trying to run the gauntlet of Virginia, Washington, LSU, and Potsdam, but it might be worth keeping half an eye on Kansas. ETSU, which is one of the highest-rated mid-majors in the country (12 line on Lunardi) plays there tonight. Will be interesting to see if they can stay with the Jayhawks.
Speaking of ETSU, anyone know what happened to Kendrick Gray? Is he playing these days?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Speaking of ETSU, anyone know what happened to Kendrick Gray? Is he playing these days?
He's not playing anywhere. He left the school and I don't think school was his jam much to begin with. Didn't really put in the work to make himself a D1 player either, which was becoming apparent at the end of his Rice days too. Unfortunate. Raw skills were there, but the rest of the mentality seemingly wasn't.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kansas won by 12. ETSU is a fun team with some talented guys but had no answer in the paint. Azibuike did whatever he wanted.

Away from that, ex AE guy Pat Chambers has Penn State playing well. They smashed Bucknell by 28.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sienna @ Yale going into OT right now on ESPN+. I believe it was Swain that just hit what looked like a 30 footer to tie.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts