Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Merrimack defeated Lesley University 110-16. Lesley was 2-23 last year in D3. They lost a game earlier this year to Albertus Magnus College by more than 50 despite Albertus Magnus playing 17 guys. Against Merrimack, Lesley shot 10% and had 37 turnovers. The schedule makers at both schools deserve extra credit for booking this one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Merrimack defeated Lesley University 110-16. Lesley was 2-23 last year in D3. They lost a game earlier this year to Albertus Magnus College by more than 50 despite Albertus Magnus playing 17 guys. Against Merrimack, Lesley shot 10% and had 37 turnovers. The schedule makers at both schools deserve extra credit for booking this one.
lol, I alway assumed Lesley was a women’s school. Never once have I heard or come across a male who went there...not surprised they struggle in men’s D3 sports.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Our 3 point win over Bucknell is looking less sweet by the day as well. After getting clobbered by Penn State by 28, they lost by 51 (51!) to Syracuse, which isn’t even that great a team. I’m too lazy to check but I can’t imagine Bucknell has lost a game by this much in a long time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Further proof that anything that happens before Thanksgiving doesn’t mean much: Evansville, which beat Kentucky, lost today to George Washington. St. Bonaventure, who we barely beat by 2, lost to Canisius, which earlier got blasted by Albany. It takes a good month and a half for teams to find a rhythm,

·
Realist/A-hole
5,256 Posts
That would be the entire reason I wasn't excited by those two skin of our teeth wins even though we were on the road. They are not the same teams we've played in the past in terms of quality. Neither is likely good enough to reach the tournament.

·
Premium Member
32,593 Posts
St. Bonaventure is probably down relative to last few seasons. Bucknell will always compete for PL championship.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,256 Posts
St. Bonaventure is probably down relative to last few seasons. Bucknell will always compete for PL championship.
Every team in a conference competes for X championship. What the odds are that they'll actually succeed are another story. While Bucknell will be in the upper half of their conference, their odds this year of pulling it off are much less than they usually are. Colgate is the favorite from what I can tell.

·
Premium Member
32,593 Posts
Every team in a conference competes for X championship. What the odds are that they'll actually succeed are another story. While Bucknell will be in the upper half of their conference, their odds this year of pulling it off are much less than they usually are. Colgate is the favorite from what I can tell.
Bucknell has won 8 out of last 10 PL conference regular season championships and made NCAA’s 2 out of last 3 seasons, so their odds are in fact pretty high.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,256 Posts
Bucknell has won 8 out of last 10 PL conference regular season championships and made NCAA’s 2 out of last 3 seasons, so their odds are in fact pretty high.
I know better than to argue with someone who has never been wrong before.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Agree completely. I was not at all impressed with the St Bona effort at the time, while the Bucknell effort--while frustrating—was at least satisfying. Better coached team, and even after losing Sestina to Kentucky the is still loaded with talent. Their head-and-shoulders above the rest of the PL (and Bonaventure FWIW) from a recruiting standpoint thanks to their tremendous success over the last two decades plus Bucknell’s relative academic prestige (which correlates with endowment/athletic budget).

Factor in Colgate not living up to their lofty expectations (at least so far) and I’d say Bucknell could certainly be in the mix for another PL championship. Bonaventure on the other hand is going to struggle to stay out of the A10 basement.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,256 Posts
Agree completely. I was not at all impressed with the St Bona effort at the time, while the Bucknell effort--while frustrating—was at least satisfying. Better coached team, and even after losing Sestina to Kentucky the is still loaded with talent. Their head-and-shoulders above the rest of the PL (and Bonaventure FWIW) from a recruiting standpoint thanks to their tremendous success over the last two decades plus Bucknell’s relative academic prestige (which correlates with endowment/athletic budget).

Factor in Colgate not living up to their lofty expectations (at least so far) and I’d say Bucknell could certainly be in the mix for another PL championship. Bonaventure on the other hand is going to struggle to stay out of the A10 basement.
Do me a favor and tell me who Colgate has lost to. Then find the common denominator between Colgate and Bucknell. Then evaluate the two teams.

·
Premium Member
32,593 Posts
Tuned into St. Joe’s/Towson game and announcers were talking about Lamb & Becker and almost beating Virginia.

·
Premium Member
32,593 Posts
Valpo almost beat Cincinnati tonight, lost in OT.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,256 Posts
Yale beats mighty Bucknell 81-61 at the NIT Orlando season Tip-off. Should be an interesting Sunday in New Haven.

·
Premium Member
32,593 Posts
Yale is looking really, really tough. Might be better than they have been past couple of seasons, without Oni, which is interesting.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts