Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Speaking of St. John’s, they will play the last college game of 2019 hosting #11 Butler tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see if they can continue the good recent play against an excellent team.

Also, Yale at unranked UNC tonight. UNC favored by 6.5. Probably as good a chance as you’ll see for an Ivy to go win in that building.

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
125 Posts
A little look at the America East women:

Stony Brook: 14-1 (2-0)
UMass Lowell: 6-9 (2-0)
Albany: 6-9 (2-0)
Maine: 5-11 (1-1)
New Hampshire: 4-10 (1-1)
Binghamton: 11-3 (0-1)
Vermont: 6-8 (0-1)
UMBC: 4-9 (0-2)
Hartford: 0-15 (0-2)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
A little look at the America East women:

Stony Brook: 14-1 (2-0)
UMass Lowell: 6-9 (2-0)
Albany: 6-9 (2-0)
Maine: 5-11 (1-1)
New Hampshire: 4-10 (1-1)
Binghamton: 11-3 (0-1)
Vermont: 6-8 (0-1)
UMBC: 4-9 (0-2)
Hartford: 0-15 (0-2)
Wow. I guess I hadn’t paid enough attention to the other league teams to know how bad Hartford was. Seems like not that long ago it was a program that was getting good seeds in the NCAA.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Wow. I guess I hadn’t paid enough attention to the other league teams to know how bad Hartford was. Seems like not that long ago it was a program that was getting good seeds in the NCAA.
Last season, Hartford women were 23-11. How do you go from that to 0-15?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Last season, Hartford women were 23-11. How do you go from that to 0-15?
Coaching change (left for ECU). Top- and third-leading scorer graduate. Second leading scorer transfer to join old head coach at ECU. I believe she had a few recruits follow her too. A sophomore starter transferred to High Point. The other starter also graduated and so did two key role players.

Morgan Valley (and fellow Rice standout Haliee Barron who is an assistant there) has her work cut out for her.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
How many times does Kansas have to be involved in some sort of train wreck? At some point shouldn‘t Bill Self be the adult in the room? Yeah, Kansas State should have laid off at the end, that was stupid. But then the WWE chair move by Kansas. Zero discipline.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That KU KSU brawl at the end of their game tonight was ugly. Gotta assume some pretty long suspensions are going to be coming from that one.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
That Silvio de Sousa juice hasn't really been worth the squeeze for poor Bill Self.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
As mid-major rivalries go, Murray State vs. Belmont is always a fun game. Murray perfect in the OVC so far even after losing Morant. They have developed a great program there.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Anybody still second guessing Steve Pikiell's move to Rutgers? I mean, making $1.6 million/year and now has them ranked in the Top 25 and barring a major catastrophe, headed to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1991. If that happens, I wonder how much of a raise and extension he gets at the end of the year. Not to mention his marketability after bringing that program back from the dead.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
GW beat Davidson 107-104 in 4 OT

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
125 Posts
Shawn really needed to step up and pay the big bucks for Pikes. $1.6 million is worth it for the consistency and quality of a man like him. Big mistake not to.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Shawn really needed to step up and pay the big bucks for Pikes. $1.6 million is worth it for the consistency and quality of a man like him. Big mistake not to.
Pikes contract tops out at $3.2 in final year and will be extended with additional $ long before that. Not really fair to suggest that SBU should have tried to compete with B10 money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not sure how many saw any of the San Diego St vs New Mexico game last night. I watched a half. SDST. blew them out.
Amazing to see someone crush New Mexico that way at the Pit. It used to be almost certain defeat or a nail biter to
play there. Joe Lunardi may be correct when saying they will be undefeated going into conference playoffs. Definitely
a team to watch in March.🏀

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
For anyone with the ability to multi-task, the Kentucky/ Auburn game has been good so far. Just went to half as a one possession game. Both teams getting after it.

A number of ranked teams lost already today, and Gonzaga barely got by San Francisco (sneaky good program). March is going to be so great.

81 - 100 of 192 Posts