Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 120 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,098 Posts
Harvard withstands huge games from Atkinson & Swain and beats Yale 88-87. Pretty impressive win for Harvard as they were without Bryce Aiken. Seth Towns has also been injured again and is in the transfer portal; has 2 years left. Harvard would have been very good this year.

As an aside, I saw Azar Swain play in HS at Rivers with Jermaine Samuels ( Villanova). He was tough.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Harvard lost the next night at Brown. Crimson scored a basket to break a tie with just over 3 seconds left. Brown scored a layup to tie and was fouled with .5 seconds left. Bears made the ft and beat Harvard 72-71.

·
Premium Member
33,098 Posts
Interesting college basketball season thus far. When was the last time Baylor has been ranked #1, for this long? SDSU, Dayton, Seton Hall are all in the Top 10. Colorado, Penn State, Houston in Top 20.

Tournament is going to be wide-open this year.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,642 Posts
Couple of interesting Ivy league scores tonight. Yale pounds Princeton in Princeton. Bulldogs led by as much 31 or so. Likewise a bit of a surprise Brown defeats Penn at the Palestra by 12.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Top of the SoCon has been really good this year. ESPN+ has Furman vs. ETSU tomorrow night. Battle for first with both teams included in the latest Lunardi bracket. Our buddies from UNCG are hanging around a game behind. They play Wofford tomorrow, which is also a pretty good team.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
If anyone still interested in more tonight, Oregon and Arizona starting overtime. And BYU leads Gonzaga. How about the job Mark Pope is doing at BYU?

·
Premium Member
33,098 Posts
If anyone still interested in more tonight, Oregon and Arizona starting overtime. And BYU leads Gonzaga. How about the job Mark Pope is doing at BYU?
Thanks. The dude on BYU with the Dwayne Schintzius haircut and mustache is my new favorite college b-ball player.

·
Premium Member
33,098 Posts
Florida State just smacked Louisville. Even better team than last season.

·
Premium Member
33,098 Posts
Wake Forest beats Duke 113-101 in 2OT. When was the last time Duke lost to Wake? Has to be when either Tim Duncan or Chris Paul were there. That said, I’ve seen Duke play live this year and it’s in the Top 10 on name only. If I were an NBA GM not sure I’d want any of their players in the first round.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Time for my favorite 2 weeks of the year to really get cranking... Championship Week(s)! Already a somewhat surprising upset in the Valley with UNI going down to Drake in the quarters. They'll be on the bubble (I expect them to fall just short).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Time for my favorite 2 weeks of the year to really get cranking... Championship Week(s)! Already a somewhat surprising upset in the Valley with UNI going down to Drake in the quarters. They'll be on the bubble (I expect them to fall just short).
That was crazy. They were a team that could easily have beaten a higher seed in the NCAA tournament and they just got absolutely worked by Drake. Also crazy is Wyoming with two wins in Mountain West all year beating both Colorado State and Nevada to wind up in semifinals against Utah State. Great Ohio Valley semifinals tonight as well.

Nothing beats March. Except possibly the corona virus...let’s hope no tournament games have to get canceled.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That was crazy. They were a team that could easily have beaten a higher seed in the NCAA tournament and they just got absolutely worked by Drake. Also crazy is Wyoming with two wins in Mountain West all year beating both Colorado State and Nevada to wind up in semifinals against Utah State. Great Ohio Valley semifinals tonight as well.

Nothing beats March. Except possibly the corona virus...let’s hope no tournament games have to get canceled.
Yeah, I've currently got vacation plans to go to the tournament (regardless of how things end up for UVM) but I'm starting to get pretty nervous that they might go the games with no fans route. In the meantime, going to enjoy a weekend of tasty games.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Oh my! Arch Madness is in full force, The 2 seed Loyola blows an 18 point lead to Valpo who eeks one out in OT 74-73 to advance to the semis.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
ETSU looking like they are starting to pull away from Wofford in the SoCon final. They would be an at large contender even with a loss, but should get a low double digit seed if they win.

Meanwhile, top seed Wright State is getting bludgeoned in the Horizon semis by UIC.

·
Premium Member
33,098 Posts
Former Hartford commit Filip Petrusev was named WCC POY for Gonzaga. Would probably have seen some minutes for the Hawks.

·
Premium Member
33,098 Posts
Elon/Northeastern look like they are playing in front of 11 people in the arena on TV. Where are they doing the CAA Tournamebt this year?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Elon/Northeastern look like they are playing in front of 11 people in the arena on TV. Where are they doing the CAA Tournament this year?
DC at the new arena where the mystics play. Hofstra northeastern should be a good one, tomorrow night , but I've got appointment television instead. Meanwhile out west, USF is giving Gonzaga all they can handle, down one with 8 minutes left....

101 - 120 of 192 Posts