Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
You're going to have to at least explain a bit of this name drop, my guy. How you know LaPhonso Ellis?
Wasn’t at the game with him, but he was there and we said hi. His son Walter plays for Bucknell.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Big Ten, SEC and American all canceled the rest of their men's basketball tournaments

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
And Duke. They have suspended all athletics and weren't going to the ACC Tournament quarterfinal today at 2:30. May have helped force the hand of the ACC

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Cuomo banned gatherings >500 people, which is sort of most things that happen in NY. Economic fallout going to be severe, especially as UVMHC mentioned earlier, for the paycheck to paycheck people who depend on the service economy. In the long run, I think this will all be good, as it should shorten the timeframe for this to play out. But shortening will make it more violent in the near term.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
ACC has now suspended all sports (no practice, no games, no recruiting, etc) until further notice.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
NYC not handling this well. Public transportation still running, schools still open.

New York City is simply one giant Cruise Ship.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Yep...done.

This is so crazy. Hard to wrap my head around everything that is happening

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
Markets been fun the last week... Straight down. My etrade account is screwed for a period of time now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Long VIX will be working for foreseeable future.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Re: stock market...great time to buy though! So many stocks hitting lows they haven't been to in a long time.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Not to minimize the health horrors that seem about to assault us, but for BB fans and players these ultra rapid changes may very well cause PTSD symptoms and some difficult times without any infection present. Please be aware of mood changes and signs of depression in yourself and those around you. That all this is happening is not our fault as individuals and we owe it to ourselves and others to do our best in such a difficult situation.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Not to minimize the health horrors that seem about to assault us, but for BB fans and players these ultra rapid changes may very well cause PTSD symptoms and some difficult times without any infection present. Please be aware of mood changes and signs of depression in yourself and those around you. That all this is happening is not our fault as individuals and we owe it to ourselves and others to do our best in such a difficult situation.
Absolutely! Good point. I can definitely see some people getting depressed. I mean, my trip to Cleveland was taken away and honestly, I was really looking forward to this tournament as it was about as wide open of a tourney as we have had in a very, very long time. I could have seen a Final Four that may have not had any Power 5 teams as schools like Dayton, Gonzaga, San Diego State were all very good and it seems like there is always some upstart that makes a run ala George Mason, VCU, Butler, etc.

Alas, it was not meant to be.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
I’m full on depressed about this, no doubt about it.

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
I’m full on depressed about this, no doubt about it.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts