Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Comrade Fox
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better nearly late than never...season starts next week! UVM will be visiting Loyola Chicago this weekend to open the season...perfect timing with my brother (a Loyola alum) visiting home lol

·
5,615 Posts
New Hampshire received votes in the preseason coaches poll, and is 30th in the 30-team College Soccer News preseason poll. The other two media polls, Top Drawer Soccer and Soccer America, hasn't been released.

·
Comrade Fox
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UNH #22 in the Coaches Poll this week....here's your AE Soccer week 1 scores:

BostonU 0 @ UNH 1

Stony Brook 0 @ St Francis BKN 1
Vermont 1 @ Loyola Chicago 2 (grumble grumble..but loyola is p good)
Drexel 1 @ Binghamton 2
UMass Lowell 0 @ Providence 4
Incarnate Word 2 @ UMBC 1
Albany 2 @ Kentucky 3 (UK is #9 in the coaches' poll so that's a good showing by UA)
Hartford 0 @ Cal St Fullerton 2

Vermont 1 @ DePaul 0
Hofstra 1 @ UMBC 0
Hartford 1 @ UC Riverside 2

Quinnipiac 2 @ UMass Lowell 2
Penn State 4 @ Stony Brook 1
Binghamton 1 @ Syracuse 3
UNH 2 @ Providence 1
Albany 1 @ Cincinnati 2

·
Comrade Fox
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While UVM lost on Friday's home opener to Iona, some more VT soccer news: Colchester's Selmir Miscic came on at halftime for the Union yesterday in their friendly against Mexican side Pumas. (The Union had a slew of international call-ups and Bethlehem also played that night so they were very shorthanded and called up Miscic)

I didn't get to see the game, so I can't say how he played, but here's a really nice nutmeg he had on (if I'm reading the number correctly) Alan Mendoza: https://twitter.com/PhilaUnion/status/1170502428535529472

·
5,615 Posts
New Hampshire is 13 in the 30-team College Soccer News rankings, and 23 in Top Drawer Soccer's latest poll. Tomorrow, Soccer America and the coaches' polls get released. No other AE teams got votes.

The Wildcats have an RPI of 32, and three other teams, Hartford, Vermont, and Albany, have an RPI better than 100. The conference's overall RPI is 11, which is good enough for only UNH to have an at-large bid...barely.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Albany was to play Syracuse tonight but the game was cancelled due to a forecast of thunderstorms. I guess it was too hard to move the game into the Dome. Will not be rescheduled

·
Registered
447 Posts
Albany hands UNH their first loss of the season, 1-0. UNH is really talented and looked much the better, but Albany hung tough after getting a nice goal in the 23rd minute..

·
5,615 Posts
According to projections, that loss wouldn't hurt UNH's at-large chances, but Albany just sneaked into that conversation. A Vermont win on Wednesday in Durham would make things very interesting.

·
5,615 Posts
New Hampshire's loss to Albany caused them to drop in two polls, to 18 in Top Drawer Soccer's poll, and to 15 in College Soccer News's 30-team poll. Two more get released, but with Albany moving into NCAA bubble territory, and Vermont on the outside looking in, Wednesday's going to be interesting.

·
5,615 Posts
Finally, Soccer America's poll is out, and UNH falls to 20.

Oh, btw, today is Decision Day, with all games at 7:00.

New Hampshire vs. Vermont
Binghamton vs. Albany
Hartford vs. UMass Lowell
UMBC vs. Stony Brook

Simply put, winner take all in Durham, and a tie would go to New Hampshire on GD, since that would mean the schools' only losses would be to the same team, Albany. The bigger picture is that if New Hampshire wins the AE Tournament as a 1 seed, it's possible that if they beat Albany or Vermont in the AE Final, the team they beat could very well have played their way into an at-large spot by then.

·
5,615 Posts
Binghamton turns the league into a one-bid conference with their 1-0 win over Albany. New Hampshire and Vermont are in the second extra time with only a few minutes left.

·
5,615 Posts
1-1 draw in Durham, and Albany drops down to 4.

New Hampshire 16
Vermont 16
Hartford 13
Albany 12
UMass Lowell 9
Binghamton 9
UMBC 4
Stony Brook 3

·
5,615 Posts
Interesting upset, yesterday, UMass Lowell knocked off Albany, 1-0, ending their hopes at an at-large bid, and Hartford beating Binghamton, 2-0. New Hampshire's RPI is still 19, but I believe no matter what happens, the AE is a one-bid league.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts