Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/jazz/2005-03-24-kirilenko-out_x.htm

Utah forward Andrei Kirilenko broke his left wrist Thursday night in a collision with Washington's Kwame Brown, ending his season.

Kirilenko, Utah's leading active scorer at 16 points per game, drove to the basket and crashed into Brown just 3:02 into the game. Kirilenko's feet went out from under him and he put his hands down to break his fall, landing hard on his tailbone and left wrist.
What a sad season for the Jazz. With such high expectations coming in, this team got hit with just about every tragedy you can imagine. At least now they're in prime position to get Bogut. How good do you think this team will get with his addition?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Amazing how terrible they are now after starting the season so amazingly hot. Kinda like the anti bulls.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Man, that really sucks...maybe if AK had some meat on those bones, they wouldn't break so easily.

One of my great pleasures of last season was to look at NBA box scores and see Andrei Kirilenko putting up some kind of ridiculous stat line...it's sad that he never really had health on his side this season. I hope the Jazz are able to rebound next season...I grew to really admire Jerry Sloan and the whole organization.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't think their chances at Bogut is as big as you think.

They're currently 21-47.

Hawks are 11-56. Bobcats are 14-53. New Orleans are 15-52.

Jazz will probably be better at the end of the season than all of them. And Bogut will go as 1st pick overall.

Hawks need a center. Brezec is not a long term big man for Bobcats. Hornets wanted to get rid of Magloire by trade deadline. So it's safe to say that all of those 3 would be very interested at Bogut.

The sad thing is Chris Paul, the second one who would be a great fit for Utah, will be gone by 3-4 pick too...

They won't pick Marvin Williams. That leaves Martynas for them. Martynas who IMO has a highest bust rating among the Top 10.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
7thwatch said:
Amazing how terrible they are now after starting the season so amazingly hot. Kinda like the anti bulls.
Utah looked like the best team in the league the first week of the season. They looked real good and real tough. The Bulls were lost and the Knicks were leading their division.

Let this be a reminder to any NBA fan about their team a couple weeks into the season.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sp00k said:
What a sad season for the Jazz. With such high expectations coming in, this team got hit with just about every tragedy you can imagine.
I can think of one they haven't had.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Tough break for a team with such great fans. Injuries really crippled them this year. At least they'll get a high lotto pick which will help because they're severely lacking at the PG and C positions. I figure PG will be their highest priority.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts