Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All Star Discussion: who should've been an all star....

Carlos Boozer should have made the all star reserve....he's actually the one that led the Cavs wins for the last 10 games or something....and his fg% is just up the roof :D

any others players?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
The fourth Western guard shouldn't have been Ray Allen. I agree with every other selection. I don't think any of the above players should be All-Stars this year.

Donyell Marshall deserves an alternate spot, though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Zach Randolph, Young talent an is sraight up nasty. He should Easily be on this team an its a shame that he isnt!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
It is hard to fanthom that a 29-21 team has no allstar representative. In fact, Denver and Memphis are the only winning teams without a representative. Ray Allen as good of a player he is should not be on there especially when people questioned Vince's appearence last season. I don't know why the coaches elected Allen but coaches also have to follow a strict criteria when voting and Melo is listed as a F under the allstar ballot I believe. Also, congrats to Magloire for making the allstar team!

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dirty Dirk41</b>!
Zach Randolph, Young talent an is sraight up nasty. He should Easily be on this team an its a shame that he isnt!
That's the problem though, how nasty he is. If it comes down to picking AK47, who is the best player on an overachieving team, and who is a stand-up guy, or Z-Bo, who is the best player on an underachieving team, and has a history of violence and "miscellaneous", why not reward the better person? These selections aren't purely based on stats. These guys are selected to be ambassadors of the league.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ya, forgot bout Randolph....
I don't agree with Steve Francis being an all star....his stat this year doesn't make him one at least....

Carmelo + Andre Miller were upset about not having at least one player on a team that's 8 games over .500 on the all star team... and started to say that why does a player that played only half of the first half of the season + also on a losing team (*Ray Allen) be on the all star team and not one person on a good team be in the team....(kinda like 2 babies crying all over not making the team).....

Donyell Marshall should have made the team, but he was on a crappy team at the beginning of the season and the stats shows his 14ppg (9ppg in chi, 17ppg in Tor).....his blocks are also going up....but KMart and Jermaine ONeal are far too well known......

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Starbury and LeBron should have somehow made the the game.

Francis shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well i was so certain when they announced the starters...That Lebron would be on the reserve...for some reason...James isnt on the All Star team...Lets see him put up a great preformance in rookie challenge tho

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lebron shouldn't make it, just by his stats.....shooting just 40% and 20% from 3pt line....and almost 4 TO per game.....and coaches saw that and probably didn't vote him in.....when it comes it coaches, there will not be any popularity involved.....:grinning:

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Lamar odom should of made it.......Z should of been over Maglore imo as well.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
OK don't be stupid... Donyell Marshall deserved all star consideration before Bosh and he wasn't even on the list? Come on now...
I was trying to get a couple of fillers at the end.. :p ...so forgot bout Marshall....

Why doesn't anyone support Boozer who carry the team to wins!? :upset:

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
could someone explain to me how Allen made the team? the guy has only played less than 20 games into the season and is playing for a mediocre team.

can't believe he got the nod over Nash

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i voted for LBJ because i would like him to be in the game more than any other player not named Vince.

However, the guy that most deserved to be on the team was either Steve Nash (over Ray Allen) or Stephon Marbury (who wasn't selected because he switched conferences).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts