Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washington Post says:

The Lakers have been impressed with Bynum, who is in the first year of a two-year, $3.8 million contract.
Thats not right, is it? Why wouldn't he have the standard rookie contract?

Jackson said he likes to provide Bynum with "success opportunities," placing him in game situations that won't hurt his confidence or damage the Lakers' playoff pursuit.
Wish he had been around for the start of our rookie bigs careers. I know, I know...different situation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/22/AR2006032202191.html

·
Registered
8,427 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darius Miles Davis said:
With the new CBA, rookie contracts only have two years guaranteed, and then two successive years of team options.
Ahh. Thats it.

Still a funny way for the writer to put it, considering theres little chance the team will let him go after season 2.

Theres no re-signing at that point is there?

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
GB said:
Ahh. Thats it.

Still a funny way for the writer to put it, considering theres little chance the team will let him go after season 2.

Theres no re-signing at that point is there?
I believe everything is exactly the same as it was in the last CBA, with the exception of the fact that a team can let a player go after two years - as opposed to three - without any additional cap hit. In other words, we would have had one less year of Chris Jeffries.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Darius Miles Davis said:
I believe everything is exactly the same as it was in the last CBA, with the exception of the fact that a team can let a player go after two years - as opposed to three - without any additional cap hit. In other words, we would have had one less year of Chris Jeffries.
I miss those Brunson-Jeffries disputes.

Reactions: LegoHat

·
Registered
17,143 Posts
Wynn said:
I never saw Phil as a tremendous developer of young talent. Am I missing someone with whom he had a lot of success?
He's probably partially responsible for Scottie. Pip was coming along nicely in any case, obviously, but he really broke out defensively and as the guy who sat things up under Phil.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
The Lakers have Kareem Abdul-Jabbar working with him. Imagine the idea of having a hof work with our guys.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Pippenatorade said:
The Lakers have Kareem Abdul-Jabbar working with him. Imagine the idea of having a hof work with our guys.
I'd settle for Jack Sikma (whose contract is up after this year).

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
ScottMay said:
I'd settle for Jack Sikma (whose contract is up after this year).
Only if he Alvin Adams and Van Arsdale are a package deal.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Pippenatorade said:
Come that's unfair we had Bob Thornton for them youngin's. ;) Cartwright might have been the best big man coach Tyson and Curry had but Krause screwed that up by making Bill head coach too early in Bill's career. Cartwright was a very good assistant coach that was promoted too quickly for his sake and the teenage big men.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.