Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often in the past have the two conference finals both failed to make the playoffs the following year? Barring major miracles, both the Lakers and Timberwolves will "accomplish" that.

I've "graduated", so to speak. I've been covering the NCAA women's tournament for a rival internet site but that ends Tuesday so I've been asked to cover the NBA playoffs. (Also women's sports & social issues in sports.)

Too bad I'm not getting paid for this.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
crandc said:
How often in the past have the two conference finals both failed to make the playoffs the following year? Barring major miracles, both the Lakers and Timberwolves will "accomplish" that.

I've "graduated", so to speak. I've been covering the NCAA women's tournament for a rival internet site but that ends Tuesday so I've been asked to cover the NBA playoffs. (Also women's sports & social issues in sports.)

Too bad I'm not getting paid for this.
It's never happened during the last 35 years. I got tired of checking after that. It may have happened in the 60's though, but it seems like the same teams were making the playoffs year in, year out back then.

Re: not getting paid...If you're doing something you enjoy, that's the most important thing. Stick to it and next thing you know, you WILL be getting paid for it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE]If you're doing something you enjoy, that's the most important thing. Stick to it and next thing you know, you WILL be getting paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Well, one can hope.
Anyone who did not watch the NCAA's tonight missed two great come-backs. Baylor, what a contrast to the horrors of the men's program, was down 15 to the #1 team in the tournament and won. Michigan State tied the biggest comeback in women's NCAA history, 16, to beat the heavily favored Tennessee women.

Got to run & file my story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts