Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gilbert Arenas, Andre Iguodala and Richard Jefferson in the last 5 years? Amazing... Not only 3 starters but 3 All-Stars/Future All-Stars.

Anyone else have Iggy / Iguodala remind them of a rookie RJ? He's a ball of energy out there, a bit better densively.

-Petey

·
Banned
21 Posts
Petey said:
Gilbert Arenas, Andre Iguodala and Richard Jefferson in the last 5 years? Amazing... Not only 3 starters but 3 All-Stars/Future All-Stars.

Anyone else have Iggy / Iguodala remind them of a rookie RJ? He's a ball of energy out there, a bit better densively.

-Petey
I agree, it's simply amazing... Iggy could even develope into a rich's man RJ. He has really nice skills (especially his court vision) and he's as athletic as RJ is.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RJ_VC_JK=champs said:
I agree, it's simply amazing... Iggy could even develope into a rich's man RJ. He has really nice skills (especially his court vision) and he's as athletic as RJ is.
You mean better than RJ?

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Iggy's great. He's the 2/3 version of RJ, and RJ is the 3/2 version of Iggy. Arenas I'm not entirely sold on yet. Exceptionally talented, but he takes way too many shots for a PG, IMO. Decision making is the most important thing in an NBA PG, and I don't trust his yet.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I don't know about better than RJ, he's a little more athletic, but his handles just aren't there, I think he'll be a nice wing player who will struggle with his outside shooting(something he can work on), but defense is what keeps him on the court, the guy is much better tahn RJ defensively. This reminds me, I was bored stiff over the weekend, so I pulled out old programs, magazines, I found this mag, with a St. Joe star(Kidd's high school) on the cover, 1998 HS preview, I was counting their top 100 players who made the show. IT's a good number, there was Rashard Lewis, Al Harrington, Maggette, lots of wings, then ranked really low, long after NFL receiver Ron Curry, was RJ. It said long, defense athletic freak, question was can he hone the skills onto the court....well the answer is yes.

Arizona has a great history of wings, prior to this crew, there was JTerry, Bibby, Dickerson, then going even farther, Stoudamire and Elliott. Big man is another question, Rooks and Tolbert. Ugh. Williams, later Dele was probably the best big they've sent out.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
RJ_VC_JK=champs said:
Yes. Physically they are close, but skill-wise Iggy is more talented. However, I doubt Iggy will ever get into RJ's level (work ethic is the key).
Playing w/ Iverson will hold back Iggy's development, IMO. Iverson dominates the ball and the action so much offensively, I don't think young guys can really develop as well around him. Add to that the fact that RJ had Kidd to bring him along, and the difference in the learning and developing environment become very stark.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Igoudala will never be the scorer that RJ was, but I think he is a more complete player.

His ball handling is really impressive as is his defense, so Scottie Pippen seems like a great peak comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts