Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Houston has won 10 of its last 12 games and 16 of its last 19 to move two games behind idle Chicago in the NL wild-card race.
Chi Cubs 73 - 60
San Francisco 75 - 63
San Diego 72 - 63
Houston 72 - 63
Florida 70 - 62

I'm not sure if many of you follow baseball but after a dismal midseason the Astros are making a strong push towards the playoffs. I'm not a big baseball guy, but it sure is nice to see the Astros finally looking dangerous after all the hype and big expectations. I just hope they finally get past the first round in the playoffs...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Whoa, whoa, let's make the playoffs first. I had such high expectations when the season began but right before they started this winning streak, I gave up on them. Now they start the streak? I'm happy for them but I'm not getting my hopes up. Too many broken dreams already. :cry:

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I think that with their current play and momentum the Stros will make the playoffs as the Wild Card. They have been playing fantastic ball all around. Bags, Biggio, Kent, Lamb, Berkman, Beltran, all of them. This is a really amazing run and I hope they keep it up at least in time to make it to the playoffs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts