Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the Blazers board and apparently, this deal was announced on Portland radio a lil while ago:

Atlanta Receives: Rasheed Wallace and Wes Person

Portland Receives: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff and Dan Dickau

Hell of a deal for the Blazers if you ask me.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BSchmaranz</b>!
I was reading the Blazers board and apparently, this deal was announced on Portland radio a lil while ago:

Atlanta Receives: Rasheed Wallace and Wes Person

Portland Receives: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff and Dan Dickau

Hell of a deal for the Blazers if you ask me.
It'll be interesting to see if SAR and Randolph can coexist. I've got doubets myself.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Wow! Interesting to see how this trade plays out in Portland.

Dickau and Woods both in Portland? Wonder if Dickau will see any time at all.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Dickau's girlfriend is/was a Blazers cheerleader, right??

:drool:

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
Wow! Interesting to see how this trade plays out in Portland.

Dickau and Woods both in Portland? Wonder if Dickau will see any time at all.
Well Dickau is a PG...

Woods is not...

Ya they tried him there, but it wasn't working out.

I guess now AR is going to start over DMiles at the 3?

Not sure if that's going to help his development at all.

I think its a good trade for both teams, but I don't know, haven't the Blazers just won 7 out of 9?

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Link: http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Blazers_Roster_Moves-99272-41.html

I don't understand your comment about Woods and Dickau. How do they have any bearing on each other?

By the way, do you think Atlanta is going to hang on to Rasheed? They are about to enter contract hell, then. But Terrell Brandon helps them, and they'll have some serious cap space this summer.

Unfortunately, they don't have a single good player on the team anymore outside of Rasheed and Terry. Boris Diaw is still raw, Stephen Jackson is just a poor man's James Posey except worse offensively, and Nazr Mohammed is the consummate great bench center.

They are going to have to draft someone like Pavel to stay alive. If Diaw comes alive a la Barbosa when he steps into that starting role, it would help. For now, Wes Person could start.

Terry
Person
Diaw
Rasheed
Mohammed

This is a really nasty team. They will need to hand out a max contract to both Rasheed and to someone else, like a Quentin Richardson that could be a bonafide starting SF. If they draft Pavel, it would help, but actually if the drafted a real PG like Ben Gordon, it would help even more.

Gordon
Terry
Q-Rich
Rasheed
Mohammed

Now this is a decent team. There's a big three, and Terry, Rich, and Wallace are going to work really well together. With Gordon's speed and athleticism, this team is one piece away from becoming a real player in the East.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
As for the Blazers,

Dang. Ratliff makes the trade awesome.

Stoudamire
Derek Anderson
Shareef
Randolph
Ratliff

Miles, Dale Davis, Patterson, Dickau, Woods off the bench.

This team has the brute force to take apart a Western team on any given night. Randolph emerges as the real superstar on this team.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by curry_52!
Dickau's girlfriend is/was a Blazers cheerleader, right??
:drool:
Oh **** I forgot about that. Dickau is probably loving this deal right now. Considering he has even heard about it yet. He's probably like: "Oh yeah, gonna get some pt in Portland, gonna get my freak on evry nigh, oh yeah, good times, god bless."

Something along those lines.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
As for the Blazers,

Dang. Ratliff makes the trade awesome.

Stoudamire
Derek Anderson
Shareef
Randolph
Ratliff

Miles, Dale Davis, Patterson, Dickau, Woods off the bench.

This team has the brute force to take apart a Western team on any given night. Randolph emerges as the real superstar on this team.
Feel bad for DMiles, he's playing real well out there in a starting role.

Z-Bo is a emerging star, but he plays no D, and doesn't pass on O.

Wouldn't surprise me if this team upset someone in the first round of the playoffs.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
sportscenter just confirmed the deal too

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Assuming Reef starts at the 3, the Blazers should be able to score a TON of points. I'm guessing their lineup will be Damon, DA, Reef, Zach and Theo. Very strong offensively outside of Theo. Of course, it's a very WEAK defensive team outside of Theo and DA.

Reef isn't quick enough to guard most 3s and from what I've seen of Zach, he's an average defender at best. Theo is a very good help defender and a great shot-blocker but he's an undersized center who won't be able to make up for the Blazers otherwise weak defense.

Reef is definitely a big upgrade over Miles any way you look at it. But, I don't think Reef and Zach can be successful playing next to eachother long-term. They will need a true 3 at some point. Of course, they didn't have one before the trade (Miles is not!)so no change there.

Hey, at least Portland got rid of Sheed's crappy tude. By the way, enjoy Atlanta Rasheed! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
does this open up cap room so they can sign kobe?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
Link: http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Blazers_Roster_Moves-99272-41.html

I don't understand your comment about Woods and Dickau. How do they have any bearing on each other?

By the way, do you think Atlanta is going to hang on to Rasheed? They are about to enter contract hell, then. But Terrell Brandon helps them, and they'll have some serious cap space this summer.

Unfortunately, they don't have a single good player on the team anymore outside of Rasheed and Terry. Boris Diaw is still raw, Stephen Jackson is just a poor man's James Posey except worse offensively, and Nazr Mohammed is the consummate great bench center.

They are going to have to draft someone like Pavel to stay alive. If Diaw comes alive a la Barbosa when he steps into that starting role, it would help. For now, Wes Person could start.

Terry
Person
Diaw
Rasheed
Mohammed

This is a really nasty team. They will need to hand out a max contract to both Rasheed and to someone else, like a Quentin Richardson that could be a bonafide starting SF. If they draft Pavel, it would help, but actually if the drafted a real PG like Ben Gordon, it would help even more.

Gordon
Terry
Q-Rich
Rasheed
Mohammed

Now this is a decent team. There's a big three, and Terry, Rich, and Wallace are going to work really well together. With Gordon's speed and athleticism, this team is one piece away from becoming a real player in the East.
As a part-time watcher of the Hawks, I have to say I think you're pretty off-base here.

You've got Stephen Jackson all wrong for one. He's been playing great ball for them. He went off for 30 tonight in the Hawks victory over the Mavs tonight. He's probably been the brightest spot of their season.

Diaw is a nice 6'8" PG, and by virtue of being big and athletic he lets them play Jason Terry in a SG role and still hide him on defense. Not the perfect solution because Terry is a flawed player but this is at least a pretty workable solution.

Losing Ratliff hurts, but Sheed is a major defensive upgrade over SAR. The only real problem is if he goes completely nuts a la JR Rider.

They're obviously thin up front, but they'll address that in the draft and offseason.

A couple of good offseason moves and they'll be past the Bulls in the standings :|

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Kudos to the Blazers. Hot damn.

You get ZBo, Ratliff, and SAR together for 1.5 seasons. Ratliff and SAR come off the books after '05. So cap hell will only last this season and the next. AFter that they're looking way under the cap for once.

Sheed on Atlanta is quite interesting. Not sure what I think about it actually.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Will Wallace even show up in Atlanta? And if he does, how many games will he play? Atlanta has by far the most apathetic fan base of any professional team in America.

But one thing's for sure. With Wallace's and Person's salaries coming off the books it looks like the Hawks might have as much as $20-25 million to spend on free agents.

The Hawks might be the team that signs Crawford away from the Bulls this summer. Not that it matters what we think, but if Paxson think's so he might end up making a preemptive move and deal him before 2/19 afterall.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
Will Wallace even show up in Atlanta? And if he does, how many games will he play? Atlanta has by far the most apathetic fan base of any professional team in America.

But one thing's for sure. With Wallace's and Person's salaries coming off the books it looks like the Hawks might have as much as $20-25 million to spend on free agents.

The Hawks might be the team that signs Crawford away from the Bulls this summer. Not that it matters what we think, but if Paxson think's so he might end up making a preemptive move and deal him before 2/19 afterall.
Hmm...JC to Atlanta...

Well at least it's close, I can fly up to see some games.

Funny question, will Wallace even show up in Atlanta...

I'm still laughing, that was a good one.

:)

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

Hmm...JC to Atlanta...

Well at least it's close, I can fly up to see some games.

Funny question, will Wallace even show up in Atlanta...

I'm still laughing, that was a good one.

:)
Well, they will certainly have the money, but unless the new ownership can make a strong sales pitch that they're going to really try to win this time, why would a quality FA sign with them? ($$$$$$ yes, I know)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts