Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He had 40 points, 13 assists and 5 rebounds for the Warriors who beat the Rockets 122-117.
The Warriors are now only a game and a half behind the Raptors. It looks very possible that they will end the season with a better record than us, which will move us up in the draft.
They've really been playing well of late, and it's a good thing for any team who is out of the playoffs.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
They've been playing great, but their schedule for the rest of the year is super tough. Phoenix, San Antonio, @ Denver, and @ Minnesota are their next four games. They've won six in a row but they will have a hard time passing us in the standings.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
GuelphRaptorsFan said:
Where are all those people who mocked me for defending Baron Davis now, eh? :tongue:
yeah, it's amazing how a new environment can totally change a person. i've never seen such a turn-around from a player in such a short span...

...Vince Carter

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
yah there going to be a good team next year...this years draft is key for them if they can come out with a nice role player to compliment Jrich and Bdiddy, and if TMurph can stay healthy...i think they will be a legit playoff contender next year.....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I don't think there was, or should be, any doubt about Davis' playing ability.

It's the fact that he has only played in 117 out of a possible 164 games in the past 2 seasons, and has been missing for most of this season, that make him a high risk that teams don't want to take on.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hopefully Millwaukee, New York and Golden State can win a couple and we can lose the rest of our games :gopray:

We can now have a possible draft position of ranging from 6-9

I have a feeling that the teams that gets the 6 or 7 will get the players that will make the big difference in the future, just a guess though.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully we don't move up at all. The Lakers and the Clippers have been struggling of late, if we end up with a better record than them, I would be really dissapointed.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Golden State won again last night.
That's 7 in a row for them.
They are only a half game behind us now.
Hopefully they can continue to play well so we can overtake their position in the draft.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Budweiser_Boy said:
They can beat a Duncan-less Spurs team and Minnesota, and if they can beat quality teams like the Kings and Rockets, they just might be able to steal a win from a hot Nuggets team or even the Suns.
I hope you're right.
They're on a roll right now, and I think they can surprise a couple of teams before this season comes to an end.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
The Warriors knocked-off the Suns in a slugfest tonight. 246 points scored--in regulation!

The Warriors are on an absolute tear right now, having won eight in a row, including victories over Seattle, Houston, and now Phoenix. This is the second time they've beaten Phoenix in three weeks, and also boast a pair of victories over Sacramento in the same period of time.

If they split the rest of their games, the Warriors will cruise past us, bumping us up another pick in the lottery in the process. Bless you B-Diddy, you wonderful chucker!

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
About 10 ten days ago, we may have looked out of reach for Golden State, but it seems like they just can't lose right now. They should easily end ahead of us, giving us a higher pick in the draft.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Warriors could be the Suns of this year, next year. They just need a big man that can play defense in the middle. Murphy is not the right player for that team.. good rebounder, but terrible defender, and takes too many jumpers (41 FG%)

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vigilante said:
Warriors could be the Suns of this year, next year. They just need a big man that can play defense in the middle. Murphy is not the right player for that team.. good rebounder, but terrible defender, and takes too many jumpers (41 FG%)
Foyle is a decent defender. He can block some shots and get rebounds.
But my goodness, he got posterized a couple of times last night by Amare.
Wow.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Foyle is a decent defender. He can block some shots and get rebounds.
But my goodness, he got posterized a couple of times last night by Amare.
Wow.
Foyles decent, but is a bench player. I think the only reason he is starting, is to justify that terrible contract they gave him.

Biedrins will be that future beast inside there looking for, problem is he is way too raw to start right now.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vigilante said:
Foyles decent, but is a bench player. I think the only reason he is starting, is to justify that terrible contract they gave him.

Biedrins will be that future beast inside there looking for, problem is he is way too raw to start right now.
You're right, he is raw, and thin as well. He needs to gain some weight during the off-season.
I really like Pietrus though. Early on in the season I wanted Pietrus and Dale Davis for Vince. It would have given us young talent, and a big expiring contract. No picks though.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
The Warriors are currently taking it to the Spurs, looking for their tenth straight win. If they beat the Spurs, they will move ahead of us in the standings, making our pick the eighth for the time being. Incredible!

(no jinx, please!)

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
speedythief said:
The Warriors are currently taking it to the Spurs, looking for their tenth straight win. If they beat the Spurs, they will move ahead of us in the standings, making our pick the eighth for the time being. Incredible!

(no jinx, please!)
Incredible game so far!!!!!

130-130 with 20 seconds left in the first OT. B-Diddy just nailed a driving lay-in plus one to tie!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts