Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Damon Stoudamire's agent was doing the negotiating for the free-agent guard's future.

The options were narrowing to a few teams and Stoudamire hadn't even considered the Grizzlies.

But as agent Aaron Goodwin began talking to Griz president Jerry West, Stoudamire talked to former NBA star Terrell Brandon.

"It's really funny," Stoudamire said, unleashing a healthy laugh, "how this all happened."

He trusted what Brandon had to say about Griz coach Mike Fratello.

He trusted what Goodwin received from Griz president Jerry West.....

...Stoudamire may not enter tonight's game against his former team, the Portland Trail Blazers, with eye-popping numbers. But he has no regrets after leaving his hometown as a free agent to join the Griz on a blind leap of faith.

........If you are judging Stoudamire on his second-lowest career averages of 9.9 points and 4.6 assists then you don't understand why he no longer answers to Mighty Mouse.

They call him "Bigs" in these parts............

................."Some of the things that went on in Portland for me personally, and collectively, you want them back," Stoudamire said. "But the best thing about America is that America loves success stories. It's not how you fall but it's how you get off that canvas and bounce back.

"The last two years in Portland, the way I was able to bounce back ... you don't have to like me but you can't do anything but respect me. (His troubles) were all off the floor. I've never been a cancer in the locker room and I've always tried to do whatever it was to help win games. By the time I'm done here everybody will understand what type of player and person I am.".........

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Re: "Bigs" (Damon) Commands Respect...

Shouldn't this be off topic since the little **** doesn't play for Portland any longer?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

mediocre man said:
Shouldn't this be off topic since the little **** doesn't play for Portland any longer?
Yep, true. I suppose, as we're playing the Grizz tonight, I felt it was somewhat on-topic. Nonetheless, I edited it to OT.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts

Do you guys think he'll try to go for 30 tonight just to try to show us up?

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Seems perfectly fine to me. Anytime you're talking about the Blazers (present or past) it's on topic.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Talkhard said:
Seems perfectly fine to me. Anytime you're talking about the Blazers (present or past) it's on topic.

Not true at all. I'vr had several threads moved to the off topic portion of this forum and others changed to off topic even though they had to do with the Blazers.

In other news I think Damon will either win the game for Memphis or cost them the game with his shooting. He will try to go off for a billion points and if he's on then it could be hard to watch, but if he's Damon then we could win easily.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
so Damon is averaging less playing time, 9 points, 4 assists, a 35% fga, a 28% three point average, and I "can't do anything but respect him"?

I know Memphis is playing well right now, so he deserves some credit. but with those kind of numbers I don't think the word "respect" comes to mind.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Threads about $amon, Can'tZano and NitQuick bring out the worst in me. I'm biting my fingers to keep from going there, since anything I would say I've said before.

As far as OT: Anything concerning past, present, or potentially future Blazers in on topic in my book. In this case, it's doubly on topic because we're playing Mini Mouse's team tonight.

On a completely different subject: When I logged on this morning from work I was sickened to realize I forgot to set my DVR for the game tonight. I'm probably going to miss the whole thing.

Oh, the agony!! :cry:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
I bet that Damon either goes off for 30, or is outplayed by Telfair, and the Blazers lose.

and of course, if the Grizz win, and Damon is out-played, to some, that makes Telfairs game pointless, right? And if Damon scores 30, to some, that makes Telfairs game pointless, right? So..no matter what Telfair does, as long as the Grizz win, Telfair didn't impress.

hm...will it be the same if Telfair is outplayed by Damon, and the Blazers win?
;)

theWanker said:
so Damon is averaging less playing time, 9 points, 4 assists, a 35% fga, a 28% three point average, and I "can't do anything but respect him"?

I know Memphis is playing well right now, so he deserves some credit. but with those kind of numbers I don't think the word "respect" comes to mind.
blasphemy...the grizzlies are better so obviously we have to respect Damon. I mean, it's simply because his team is better that the blazers made a mistake not trading him. Or something.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
He certainly does have a "big" opinion of himself. Can't do anything but respect him? That's a laugh.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
RipCity9 said:
He certainly does have a "big" opinion of himself. Can't do anything but respect him? That's a laugh.
I agree

Mighty Mouse said:
"...you can't do anything but respect me."
So dumb. He's saying the right things, focusing on the positive, then he throws in a statement that negates it all.

I think what he meant is that people should respect a person's tenacity and desire to not quit, but he kept talking and ruined it.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
To parody a "Far Side" parody, if $amon were talking to his dog, all his dog would hear is:

"Blah blah blah blah, ME, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, ME, blah blah blah ME, blah blah, blah blah, ME...."

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
theWanker said:

I hope Bassy outplays Damon and Miles and Z-bo get 25 each and 10 rebounds.It would be nice to win this game but the grizz are playing pretty good right now.Everytime i see ur avatar i chuckle that's a really cute baby.Look's peaceful.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Zidane said:
I hope Bassy outplays Damon and Miles and Z-bo get 25 each and 10 rebounds.It would be nice to win this game but the grizz are playing pretty good right now.Everytime i see ur avatar i chuckle that's a really cute baby.Look's peaceful.
thanks! i think he's actually concentrating really hard on making a fresh helping of butterscotch in the shorts, though. this kid craps like you wouldn't believe.

I'm also hoping for big things tonight. if Telfair is up for going against his former teammate like he was for his cousin, this could be a fun game. Randolph had a career game against Memphis not too long ago. With Sheed long gone, though, we don't have anyone to match up against Gasol.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
theWanker said:
thanks! i think he's actually concentrating really hard on making a fresh helping of butterscotch in the shorts, though. this kid craps like you wouldn't believe.
On the topic of things I'd never like to read again...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The Telfair/Damon matchup is very intriguing. I expect big things from Bass tonight. If there's anyone to have a good game against, it's Damon.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zidane said:
Everytime i see ur avatar i chuckle that's a really cute baby.Look's peaceful.

OK, you JUST gave me a fresh idea for mine. We're gonna squeeze out all the "cha-cha-chas" and "beefcakes" :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts