Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
There's the option to turn off the Commish's ability to do ANYTHING with the team. Yahoo states it won't allow the commish to do it if an owner denies the commish to do it. Which is insane.

As far as what the Commish CAN do: I don't know. It seems like all he/she can do it manage the message board.

It's very weird.

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
There's the option to turn off the Commish's ability to do ANYTHING with the team. Yahoo states it won't allow the commish to do it if an owner denies the commish to do it. Which is insane.

As far as what the Commish CAN do: I don't know. It seems like all he/she can do it manage the message board.

It's very weird.

Ed O.
it was changed so the commish can change it. nothings been done however.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

it was changed so the commish can change it. nothings been done however.
Thanks for changing that; the thing is I'm not sure if the commish has to put in a waiver request for you or if he has the ability to unliaterally (or, rather, immediately) pick up players.

Guess we'll see...

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'm not sure if this helps, but this is what a commissioner is able to do:

Lock Managers:
From posting, trades, pick-up/drop players, roster changes, changing team name

Edit Commissioner's Note

Edit Transaction Numbers:
To rollback/correct previous moves or trades(players can turn access from commish off)

Edit Rosters:
Add/Drop players, edit lineup

Edit League name and password

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
You just have to wait until the players clear waivers (which should be on the third day after you dropped the player).

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Loyalty4Life</b>!
You just have to wait until the players clear waivers (which should be on the third day after you dropped the player).
roger that.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
L4L, can't you rollback the transactions, now that Hap's given you access? (Thanks to Scout for the info!)

In any event, I guess the Waiver period's about up...

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
L4L, can't you rollback the transactions, now that Hap's given you access? (Thanks to Scout for the info!)

Ed O.
tried it again, kept giving me the "error" message.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts

Ed O.
I don't believe so. I checked what I could do just last night. In any even, I'm sure no one's going to pick up any of Hap's players before he does.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Anyone who picked up Hap's players (in spite of this thread and the numerous posts on the Yahoo site):

Can you please drop them so we can get some semblence of normalcy back in the league? Hap needs to pick his guys back up.

Golly, it's not that complicated, people.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
can't you rollback the transactions, now that Hap's given you access? (Thanks to Scout for the info!)

Sorry, but I was incorrect.. :sigh:

I read the commish tools as being able to change transaction numbers, meaning it would change the drop/add/trade transaction and roll it back.. But the only thing it can change is the number of trades/moves associated with a team in case there is a max number of trades/moves allowed in a league..

Scout

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
wtf is swoosh on here , he just picked up 4 of haps players and wanker took duncan..

aint no way they could have gone to the site , requested the player and not seen the msgs about the dumping and not to pick them up ?!?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlayZa</b>!
wtf is swoosh on here , he just picked up 4 of haps players and wanker took duncan..

aint no way they could have gone to the site , requested the player and not seen the msgs about the dumping and not to pick them up ?!?
"wtf is swoosh on here"...well that's easy, it's me, Swoosh. And no, I didn't see the messages on Yahoo. I rarely even look there since there are rarely any messages there in the first place worth reading.

I just tried to drop the players I picked up and pick up the ones I dropped, but it won't let me because the players I dropped have to clear waivers first. I'm not sure how that works, but I'm assuming that once they clear waivers (two days) I can pick them up again, as long as no one else claims the same players that has a higher waiver priority than my team. I will keep trying until they clear waivers, assuming no one else picks them up.

What a mess! This kind of thing seems to happen every year. There is always someone (or more than one) that decides to quit and drop their players, or trades them to a friend and screws the whole thing up. Not that it was Hap's intention :) .

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Swoosh</b>!

What a mess! This kind of thing seems to happen every year. There is always someone (or more than one) that decides to quit and drop their players, or trades them to a friend and screws the whole thing up. Not that it was Hap's intention :) .
twasn't. if I wanted to mess everything up..I wouldn't try to pick up my players again.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

twasn't. if I wanted to mess everything up..I wouldn't try to pick up my players again.
I knew that it wasn't your intention to mess everything up, that's why I wrote "not that it was Hap's intention." Now, it appears as though Wanker and I managed to screw everything up. At least I wasn't the only one trying to add some of your players :) .

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
i didn't read the messages on that board.

in the interest of being a swell guy, i'll rectify my share of the mess by dumping Duncan.

I didn't like the guy anyway. he doesn't yell "GET THAT" at some guard every time he's way out of position for a rebound.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts