Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
bullet said:
I wonder if AK played him some , is anybody seeing that game??
I'm not sure... but Bell and Harpring are also scrappy defenders... I'd be curious to know the highest point total in a game put on the Jazz by a single player this season

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAWK23 said:
I'm not sure... but Bell and Harpring are also scrappy defenders... I'd be curious to know the highest point total in a game put on the Jazz by a single player this season

Yes they R , and I'm still curious about how Bron and AK play each other.
If there's one guy I can see giving LeBron Trouble (along with Crazy Ron of course) It's AK. Though Teams don't really match up at the moment.

Bron with 30 4 minutes left in 3rd , and by the score it does not look like he'll play much in the 4th avs by 22)

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LuckyAC said:
Well, Utah has the worst defensive efficiency in the league. They allow the highest 3PT% and the 8th highest FG%.
Sloan has complained throughout the season about the softness in his paint defense (especially refering to Boozer and Okur). The 3p in surprising , cause I thought Utah plays tougher perimiter defense...

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
bullet said:
Yes they R , and I'm still curious about how Bron and AK play each other.
If there's one guy I can see giving LeBron Trouble (along with Crazy Ron of course) It's AK. Though Teams don't really match up at the moment.

Bron with 30 4 minutes left in 3rd , and by the score it does not look like he'll play much in the 4th avs by 22)
Don't forget Tayshaun Prince- I can't wait to see him defend LeBron if Cleveland and Detroit match up in the playoffs.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
He already lit Tayshaun Prince up this year. And he generally gives Ron Artest more problems than Ron Artest gives him, because he's one of the few players who is actually stronger than Ron Artest.

When he is on fire, there's no way to guard Lebron. That's just the plain unfettered truth. Read some of the comments made after the game about Lebron from guys like Sloan.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
futuristxen said:
He already lit Tayshaun Prince up this year. And he generally gives Ron Artest more problems than Ron Artest gives him, because he's one of the few players who is actually stronger than Ron Artest.

When he is on fire, there's no way to guard Lebron. That's just the plain unfettered truth. Read some of the comments made after the game about Lebron from guys like Sloan.
I'm sure he can light up Tayshaun for a game, he had 43 points on 15-22 shooting in their first meeting this season.

He also had by far his worst game of the season, 11 pts on 4-21 shooting in their second meeting this season (in 45 minutes). The only 2 times this season he scored less points were games that he played only 15 and 21 minutes.

I can't really speak about LeBron/Crazy Ron, the only time they played this season LeBron had 28 but CR had 31.

The playoffs are a completely different animal, playing the same team 6 or 7 games in a row, defense ratcheted up several notches, officials calling a lot less. LeBron has never been there, and Tayshaun has already proven he could shut down TMac, Crazy Ron and Kobe in the playoffs.

And if LeBron's on fire, no, there is nobody who can stop him. The great ones get into the 'zone', and nobody or nothing is stopping them. There is no doubting that. That's why I'm looking forward to seeing him go up against IMO the premier perimeter defender in the NBA (should the two teams meet in the playoffs).

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I think people give too much credit to Prince rather then Detroit's team defense. When they have both Wallaces in the backline they not only have size and length but unlike other frontcourts they're very mobile. This makes a huge difference for teams guarding against perimeter defenders as both wallaces can guard the pick and roll, cut off lanes, and can block shots.

Lebron wasn't playing much different when the Cavs played Detroit but the big difference was Wallace played in the second game. So although he could still overpower Prince the lane was completely closed to him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts