Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having surgery related to a November hip operation, Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown is out indefinitely.

When Brown can return will be determined by his doctors, Pistons spokesman Kevin Grigg said Tuesday.

Grigg wouldn't elaborate on Monday's surgery, except to say that it was successful.

The 64-year-old Brown missed six games early in the season after his hip procedure.

Assistant Gar Heard, who went 2-4 in Brown's first absence, again will run the team as long as Brown is unable to coach.

Hopefully we can get 7 seed :)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Orlando forward Stacey Augmon has been suspended for one game without pay for engaging in abusive behavior towards a member of the media by directing obscenities and throwing lotion.

Magic guard DeShawn Stevenson has been fined $7,500 for kicking the ball into the stands. The announcements were made today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Both incidents occurred following Orlando’s 98-82 loss to the New Jersey Nets on March 13 at TD Waterhouse Centre.

Augmon will serve his suspension during the Magic’s game at Sacramento tonight.
http://magic.realgm.com/

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I can't understand why would someone throw lotion. Maybe a full bottle of lotion... but lotion?

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Luck!

This is mind-boggling, but it looks like the Nets inherited the Yankees' aura and mystic ??? When the Yankees start losing (albeit World Series), the Nets been to the finals and playoffs.

Now, it's entirely up to the Nets if they still have the desire to win.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
I can't understand why would someone throw lotion. Maybe a full bottle of lotion... but lotion?

-Petey
From what I read, he "doused" (squirted?) local reporters with lotion when asked something he didn't like. Maybe he just came from the shower, and that's what he's putting on. He must be really pissed. I wonder what the question was. :biggrin:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
faNETicS said:
From what I read, he "doused" (squirted?) local reporters with lotion when asked something he didn't like. Maybe he just came from the shower, and that's what he's putting on. He must be really pissed. I wonder what the question was. :biggrin:
"What's in the bottle Stacey?" - reporter

"Here, have some, it's from Body Works!" - Stacey...

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
How would Brown's surgery help our playoff chances? I am unclear.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
SeaNet said:
How would Brown's surgery help our playoff chances? I am unclear.
It does not.
OP is thinking ahead. It will help us in the first round, IF we can get the 7th seed.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Looks like there more chances to Us make the Playoffs. Is just matter of time

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
faNETicS said:
It does not.
OP is thinking ahead. It will help us in the first round, IF we can get the 7th seed.
Don't think he will return for the playoffs?

That's what they pay him for.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
Don't think he will return for the playoffs?

That's what they pay him for.

-Petey
That's what I thought too. He came back after 6 games the first time around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts