Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Wow, I am either getting ancient.. (more than likely) or there seems to be a lot of celebrities dying this last year.. wow...

I enjoyed him very much when I was growing up... yes they had tv then! I wish the next generation would be so lucky to have a man of his talents.

Our best wishes to his family in their grieving for their loss.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I too grew up with the captain. This was extremely sad, he was a good man who said, "Play is the work of children".

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Kids today are getting ripped off! They'll never know the Big Roo or Mr. Rogers, The Electric Company with Morgan Feeman or The Muppet Show!

There's HUGE money to be made in discovering the next great kid program with a great personality to drive it!

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Mr. Rogers last year....

Captain Kangaroo this year....

Who's next? Oscar the Grouch?

A sad day indeed. :(

Some quotes:

"I just wish I hadn't dropped all those ping pong balls on his head. I regret that now, and I can't help but feel that if I hadn't done so, he might have lived a little bit longer." - Mr. Moose

"Working with the Captain were the best days of my life. I hope the paint fumes from my overalls didn't contribute to his death in any way." - Dennis the painter

" " - Bunny Rabbit

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A big chunk of our collective childhoods died when Jim Henson died in the early early 90's (I believe 91).

Since that day, Kermit, Ernie, that muscular pig dude, and all the other characters Jim did, have been a joke.

Especially Waldorf and Statler.

When Frank Oz dies, the other part of our childhood will have died too.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Anyone remember when Mr. Hooper on Sesame Street died?

That was kinda wierd, because I remember then killing him off on the show for some reason. At the time I didn't really understand it I don't think.

I'm a bit young to have seen Captain Kangaroo while it was still being produced, but I'm pretty sure they showed reruns of it on PBS well into the late 80's or early '90s, because I sure remember those ping pong balls falling everywhere.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
As an oppressed little sister, I always wanted to do that Ping Pong Ball prank on my big brother! :devil:

Bye, Captain. You were definitely a part of my childhood.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
It is never easy when someone from your childhood memories passes away, it is a reminder I guess of our own mortality and that someday we to will have a thread dedicated to us, well not me, I'm going to live forever!

Can the last one out turn out the lights!

Safe passage Captain K. you will be missed. :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts