Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/4302925/detail.html

Damn, I didn't see that comming. What a horrible move by the Cavs. That was just stupid. He's in his 2nd year as the coach with a player that came right out of high school. He got the most out of LeBron James.

In fact, he got the most out of everybody. The Cavs were the most improved team last year, and are doing very well this year too. You don't fire the coach just because you're in a slump. The Cavs are still very young and inexperienced.

What a boneheaded move. On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing Silas coach the Celtics. :D I wanted him back in 2003. He's a great rebounding coach as well as a great coach to develop young talent.

:topic: 2,000 thread in the Celtics forum.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wow! There are at least a dozen coaches that I would have expected to get fired before Silas. What are they thinking???

When he first went to Cleveland I was disappointed that the C's didn't hire him first, but now I don't think I'd want him. As much as Doc's substitution patterns have driven me crazy this year, I think he has done a good job with this team and deserves at least another year to show what he can do. Right now I figure that he has done more good things for this team than bad. Yes, his substitution patterns suck, and yes he lets teams back in games that should be blowouts, but he has the team believing in themselves, and most of the players have put aside their own agendas and are really focusing on playing team ball. Most importantly he moved Ricky to the sixth man role and not only did he get Ricky to accept the role, he got him to see it as an opportunity. Davis has been the consumate team player under Doc and is a big part of why the C's are playing as well as they are.

Now stop and think what would happen if Silas were hired. I can promise you there would be no joy in Rickyville. That would be the recipie for a disaster. Given their past history I don't think Silas woud agree to coach if Ricky were on the team and I don't think Ricky would play for Silas. Silas is a good coach and I'm sure some lucky team is going to hire him, but I don't think he's the right fit for the C's now.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Silas almost killed Lebron with the amount of minutes he gave him. Silas also destroyed the confidence of the Cavs' youth by never giving them minutes. He's good, but he has lost his touch in my opinon. I think Rivers is a better coach than Silas.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes he is good at devoping young players, which would help us alot with Banks, West, Reed, Jefferson, Perkins, and Allen....Also he would help those big men with rebounding...

And another thing i do agree, what a stupid move to fire him! the season was almost over, you dont bring in a coach over when 3/4 of season is over, just a stupid moves by Cavs, it wasnt his fault for there slump either, they have a very young in-experience team the young players make mistakes, its always gonna happen no matter who they are!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bonehead move..
I heard on NBA TV that this might happen..
Said that Silas was being a ***** to his players and people around him.
I guess in Cleveland they don't only want a good coach they also want a good person. ESPN already has a segment called "Is this the opening Phil Jackson was waiting for?"

Wouldn't suprise me to see Jackson come coach LeBron.. Crazier things have happen.

PdP

No masking. ---agoo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts