Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This has been a constant topic all season, but the latest feeling is that Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert is leaning against making a hard push to re-sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas this summer... Though Robert Traylor has had a relatively solid season, the winds around the Cavaliers suggest that they won't pick up the $1.76 million option in his contract. "
http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/sports/11358986.htm

Any chance nets might sign him?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
well, depends on how well he fits in. Nets will be a potential running team next year so the question I have is...Can Z run at all???

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
He will not sign for the MLE so I doubt it.
That quote doesn't suggest that the Cavs may not resign Big Z, it says that they might not resign Robert Traylor.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What I think might happen is Sonics let Ray Allen walk, they re-sign Flip, get under the cap, and make Iggy an offer.

Being that Thorn wasted the LLE this year, we won't have it next year (if there still is an LLE in the new CBA). Nets would have to use part of their MLE to sign Traylor, which I don't know if Nets would do. I think The Tractor could help the Nets, at least as a retaliator.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
uptown4784 said:
How about this line-up

Kidd,Rj,Vince,Marshall,Z

Krstic and Collins coming off bench
Why would you ever put Krstic on the bench after the year he's having as a rookie?

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
He will not sign for the MLE so I doubt it.
That quote doesn't suggest that the Cavs may not resign Big Z, it says that they might not resign Robert Traylor.
Yes, it is:

"This has been a constant topic all season, but the latest feeling is that Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert is leaning against making a hard push to re-sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas this summer... Though Robert Traylor has had a relatively solid season, the winds around the Cavaliers suggest that they won't pick up the $1.76 million option in his contract. "

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
I think it's a bad move to go after Ilgauskas when you already have Nenad Krstic. I know Krstic is capable of playing PF, but wouldn't it make more sense to let him play Center and go to upgrade PF?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
I think it's a bad move to go after Ilgauskas when you already have Nenad Krstic. I know Krstic is capable of playing PF, but wouldn't it make more sense to let him play Center and go to upgrade PF?
It would make MUCH more sense. That's why I want Marshall.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
X-JAY said:
It would make MUCH more sense. That's why I want Marshall.
Man as a Sixers fan, I'd hate to see Marshall on the Nets he already kills us as is. I'm praying that he goes to another division, maybe the Western Conference so we only have to face him twice a year.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
James wants the Cavs to resign him thou...

-Joe C.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
VCFSO2000 said:
well, depends on how well he fits in. Nets will be a potential running team next year so the question I have is...Can Z run at all???
we run, but we never really had 4others running while kidd was handling the ball. if you got kidd/rj/vince that is all you really need but with an addition like stro or sar Z wouldnt have to worry about running the down the court.

plus, i wouldnt want krstic going to the 4 bc i dont think he can handle 4's yet unless he puts on a lot of muscle this offseason. then again i guess you can have z guarding the big name 4's like kg,td. but we all know krstic is a 5 and i rather have sar/stro as a 4 with krstic as the 5 than krstic at the 4 and Z at the 5.

but is a solid talent, but healthy and price too much of an issue

1 - 20 of 21 Posts