Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah in an OT lose... regardless, look at that line.

20/32; 6/11; 2/3, 9 boards... And people will continue to knock on Babcock's for the pick?

Bosh and CV, dangerous combo...

-Petey
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
There was a thread about this here b4 but I couldn't post on it b/c Todd Mac closed it due to a fight getting out of hand.

VC's franchise scoring record was so close to being erased. Charlie V was awesome. I think the Raptors have a lot to look forward to w/ CV3 & CB4 in their frontcourt.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
farouq710 said:
I keep telling people, he's the second coming of Rasheed Wallace.
i kinda sorta agree with you on that...but there are glaring differences...for one charlie doesnt play the tenacious D that Sheed plays...and second...Charlies game is soo much nicers and smoother then Sheeds, and i Charlie has more playmaking ability adn shoots the 3 ball nicer...
 

· Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Netted- said:
They took him with their own pick so imagine if they kept Vince. :eek:

Bosh, Villanueva, and Carter with a high lottery pick coming and a few role players away from dominace!

Oh well, our gain. :biggrin:
Don't think that would had worked as well, what would the shot distrubtion had looked like?

-Petey
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Petey said:
Don't think that would had worked as well, what would the shot distrubtion had looked like?

-Petey
I don't think CV needs to have the ball to be effective. He probably wouldn't have had a 48 point game, but he would still be good. It would have been diferent, but it could be as good or better. Mike James is dominating the ball a bit now due to his pending free agency and they are still getting theirs.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
adhir1 said:
i kinda sorta agree with you on that...but there are glaring differences...for one charlie doesnt play the tenacious D that Sheed plays...and second...Charlies game is soo much nicers and smoother then Sheeds, and i Charlie has more playmaking ability adn shoots the 3 ball nicer...

He's a lot like a young Sheed, Sheed never played D early in his career. Now he's a monster on defense, I guess its a sign of maturity.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Netted- said:
I don't think CV needs to have the ball to be effective. He probably wouldn't have had a 48 point game, but he would still be good. It would have been diferent, but it could be as good or better. Mike James is dominating the ball a bit now due to his pending free agency and they are still getting theirs.
He's better in this situation as he creates missmatches with Bosh on the court verus other team's 3/4/5.

Why won't you want him using that?

By no means Dirk, but he plays a similar type game.

-Petey
 

· Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Netted- said:
Using what?
Sorry.

Why won't they want to be using him that way?

-Petey
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Petey said:
Sorry.

Why won't they want to be using him that way?

-Petey
Using him what way? I just said he doesn't need to have the ball to be effective. Meaning dominate it like VC in iso situations or initiating the offense. I just meant they could've played well together because their games are not similar.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Netted- said:
Using him what way? I just said he doesn't need to have the ball to be effective. Meaning dominate it like VC in iso situations or initiating the offense. I just meant they could've played well together because their games are not similar.
Ah I see.

I took it differently.

Adding a 3 players of Carter's stature reduces the # of shots for Bosh and CV. Don't know if that is such a great idea with the number of miss matches they create.

-Petey
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top