Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Can I be bounding and astounding, hoop and scoop with fire and desire, wheel and deal, can I dish and swish, slice and dice to the hoop, or perhaps merely drive and mesmerize?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
It doesn't start until the fat lady gets in her uniform.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
SeaNet said:
It doesn't start until the fat lady gets in her uniform.
Creativity points for that one.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
On a somewhat related topic, has anyone ever seen the clip from SNL where ray ramano was trying to be a sportscenter anchor and he was horrible at making up the catchphrases?

Some of the ones I remember were for a clip of Stockton he says some like that "And John Stockton, he's like 'Hey, I'm a little tea pot and I'm gonna run right up your dress' and he makes the basket"

"You gotta get to White Castle before the freaks show up"
"He's getting sassy-go-jacky like a donkey eating a waffle"
"Time to get out the check book and pay grandma from the rub down"

I thought it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
tomorrow, the nets need to play an up-tempo game by dominating the paint, dominating the boards and pound the ball inside. at the same time, they need to shoot the lights out, and score a lot of points in transistion.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
On a somewhat related topic, has anyone ever seen the clip from SNL where ray ramano was trying to be a sportscenter anchor and he was horrible at making up the catchphrases?

Some of the ones I remember were for a clip of Stockton he says some like that "And John Stockton, he's like 'Hey, I'm a little tea pot and I'm gonna run right up your dress' and he makes the basket"

As I read that, I could hear Ray's voice and inflections in my head.

:rofl:

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
speaking of cliches, johnnie cochrane died today, if you didn't hear.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:

You missed the best one. I can't remember it word for word, but it was something to the effect of "He's running faster than a black slave heading north!"

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:

That was a great skit, still makes me laugh today.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
jmk said:
You missed the best one. I can't remember it word for word, but it was something to the effect of "He's running faster than a black slave heading north!"
haha, I rememebred that one, I just didn't know what the reaction would be if I said it. I've got a video of that skit on my computer, and I watched it a few times today since I posted...its so good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts