Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They may have made the worst draft pick (Marvin "Ed O'Bannon" Williams) and the worst overspending on a free agent (Joe "not looking so great without Steve Nash" Johnson) and have a million small forwards and no real point guard, but they've won a game! Woo woo!

Salim Stoudamire looks like he's a keeper, though, so their draft wasn't a total bust. In fact, from the past two drafts, Atlanta should just give away its top pick and only use its lower first rounder. (Although Josh Smith seems to have slumped a bit, too. What's with that?)

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
meru said:
They may have made the worst draft pick (Marvin "Ed O'Bannon" Williams) and the worst overspending on a free agent (Joe "not looking so great without Steve Nash" Johnson) and have a million small forwards and no real point guard, but they've won a game! Woo woo!

Salim Stoudamire looks like he's a keeper, though, so their draft wasn't a total bust. In fact, from the past two drafts, Atlanta should just give away its top pick and only use its lower first rounder. (Although Josh Smith seems to have slumped a bit, too. What's with that?)
hm, did anyone know that the Hawks have their own "online radio show" that you can download/listen to online?

sounds like a smart idear. The Blazers should do that..sans Jay Allen and Should be Silent Bob.

·
Banned
1,487 Posts
meru said:

Marvin Williams > Martell Webster

Joe Johnson > Juan Dixon

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Marvin Williams > Martell Webster
Okay, that's your opinion. Both players are really young, so we won't know, for sure, who's the better player FOR YEARS. But, then again, you always come in here throwin' all sorts of ignorant predictions around, as if their fact... and, typically, you're either way off-base or just flat-out wrong.

SolidGuy3 said:
Joe Johnson > Juan Dixon
No ****!? Really... !? I mean, no way... are you serious!? What ever gave you that idea, Einstein?

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
SolidGuy3 said:
Joe Johnson > Juan Dixon
How much did each cost their respective team? I would imagine our rate of return is much higher.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I would hope that Marvin Williams would be superior to Martell Webster, but that is really a moot point since we had no point in drafting him. Although, I would imagine Solidguy3 will demand we should have, regardless if it was possible or not.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
meru said:
They may have made the worst draft pick (Marvin "Ed O'Bannon" Williams)...
Marvin suffered a debilitating knee injury? Thats what I think of when I think of Ed's NBA career. IMO he was a real talent, but like many others he wasn't put together well enough to withstand the rigors of the game.

I wouldn't bet against Marvin. He's just a baby, but I think he'll probably evolve nicely. Posters are always begging for patients with Portland's young guards... I think that big men develop even a little slower. I'd take Marvin over any of Portland's prospects at SF in a heartbeat.

STOMP

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've said it before the draft and I'll say it again....I dont know that Marvin has all the upside some say he does.

I see him maxing out as Al Harrington. That's not a bad thing (he had 34, 7, and 6 tonight afterall....), but the way people are talking about him you'd think he has the potential of a Kevin Garnett.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts