Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone did this, if so, my bad... but for all you Die Hard Bears fans like me, we had another great one put into the Hall yesterday.

Congrats Dan Hampton!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
hear hear!

I for one, definitly loved 'Danimal'. i can't really pick out a favorite player from the Bears defense. i mean, in the mid 80's there were far too many great players to choose from. but Hampton was right up there... Dent, McMichael, Perry, Hampton... damn. what a line!

·
Registered
135 Posts
And I'm glad he gave a well deserved plug to a few of his team mates not yet in the hall. That defense was dominate for about 8 strong years and should be better represented. I loved and respected that Steelers teams from the seventies but 12...12 players off that team are in the hall :confused: even when statlines dictate otherwise(Swanny). Maybe they were the best team :rolleyes: of all time. Naaaww um-um.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I watched a documentary short on him the other day- apparently he and Singletary didn't really care each other and had alot of friction for until after Hampton was gone and Singletary realized how good he really was. I never knew that. Just thought it was interesting
Go Bears!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
If they would of won the Superbowl the next year they would be just as well represented as the Steelers, if not better. I don't know why you would be bitter about they '85 Bears it's not lilke they killed the Pats or something.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Man i can't wait for this year. The two Michigan boys will tear it up as long as Shoop opens up the offense (pass damn it). The defense can only be better, get well Mike Brown. A-Train is gonna carry the team on his back into the playoffs.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by blkwdw13
If they would of won the Superbowl the next year they would be just as well represented as the Steelers, if not better. I don't know why you would be bitter about they '85 Bears it's not lilke they killed the Pats or something.
Like I said, I'm not really bitter- but then again, I've never seen the game, I had to leave for work when it was 3-0 NE.

And if I had been bitter, this last Super Bowl would have certainly eliminated any 16-year hangover I had! :yes:

Hell, the Bulls, the Patriots, and Kentucky basketball have all done me right, if the Cubs would win a World Series, I could die a happy man...

(so I'm sure to live at least another 50 years)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey I'm just having a little fun thats all, I don't really remember the game either I was only 5 years old at the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts