Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that you're trying to make a point with your avatar, but could you at least get like a "hunkier" more macho guy in there? That dude is giving us dudes a bad name. What is he doing? He looks like he just landed a Triple Salchow or something.

Hilarious!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
826 Posts
"There's nowt so ***** as folk"

I find Avatars are a very easy way to find out if I should read the post. I tend not to agree with anyone who has bad taste. :biggrin:

iWatas

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
The man in question had just won a medal at the Gay Games in Montreal. A swimming event.
Don't worry, I'm acquiring a database of Boys of the Month candidates.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
crandc said:
The man in question had just won a medal at the Gay Games in Montreal. A swimming event.
Personally, I think these would be nice touches (not to be confused with tushes. ;))

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
crandc said:
it might have been at the Gay Games in Montreal, but nothing says macho like a glistening man in a black thong, on one knee, giving the world a hug!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I'm offended!! :smilewink

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Great... now I need to put on some Queen!

Freddy Mercury was so awesome. :cheers:

...of course, I like prog metal, so I'm a dork enough already without having to say that. :clown:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
DrewFix said:
no-one says an unkind word about Freddie Mercury!
ha! shows what you know, thats Indiana Pacer Jeff Foster at the Pacers costume party last year.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Hap said:
ha! shows what you know, thats Indiana Pacer Jeff Foster at the Pacers costume party last year.

Thanks for letting the proverbial cat out of the bag, there, Hap. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
crandc said:
Are people allowed to put up avatars SOLELY to rile up other posters?

I think that it's clear that crandc is doing this just to bait people and/or to make a political statement, each of which is pretty clearly not allowed on this board as I understand it.

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Ed O said:

I think that it's clear that crandc is doing this just to bait people and/or to make a political statement, each of which is pretty clearly not allowed on this board as I understand it.

Ed O.
ah, but she could just say she doesn't see it that way, and there's the big loop hole.

I mean, (I've been waiting to say this for a while now) I'M not offended by Crandc's avatar, and if anyone is, they can just ignore avatars.

Afterall, just because some might be offended by it doesn't mean she can't have it. Regardless of whether or not YOU (royal) think that she's doing it just to rile up people.

Or, in fancier terms, if people are allowed to have scantily clad women as their avatars, she should be able to have one of a man in a speedo (regardless of her own personal reasons). She doesn't think it's glorifying or sexualizing men, it's just a (maybe in her eyes) "hot guy" who she wants to have in her avatar.

I say if one is allowed, so is the other. Since there's no rules (as of the last time I was a mod) in place to clarify what was acceptable vs what isn't, I say tough ****.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ed O said:

Ed O.

That wouldn't stand up in court. It weren't her that said that.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
crandc said:
I have a couple candidates for you crandc! one is a hunk, the others are just 'easy on the eyes' (or so their wives tell them).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Ed O said:

Ed O.
And what is the purpose of the France Burning avatar, may I ask?

Stepping Razor

PS I confess that for a long time I kept Sheed as my avatar only to bait people and/or make a political statement :)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
ShamBulls said:
That wouldn't stand up in court. It weren't her that said that.
She said this:

I am not calling for a ban, but it does make me uncomfortable that, every time I open the board, it is quite literally thrown in my face that at least one poster considers women nothing more than sexual toys for men's amusements.
However, if I become a supporting member, which I plan on doing, I expect that ABM, and for that matter TalkHard, will be accommodating when I post photos of nearly nude men.
http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=213463

What other reason is implied than to inflame posters?

I don't mind her avatar at all--even if I appreciate some of the others more. I don't like that someone is deliberately provoking and/or causing intentional discomfort just to make a political point.

Ed O.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Stepping Razor said:
And what is the purpose of the France Burning avatar, may I ask?
History may be being made in France right now. I consider it to be a potentially critical time in the history of Western civilization... I'm not making any judgments on it one way or the other (other than to state the obvious that fires tend to be bad) but I think that it's just an important set of events in an important time.

What other reason would I have to use that? Have I posted anything--or indicated even obliquely--that I would use my avatar to taunt others?

Ed O.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts