Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
Way to suck the wind out of the sails in the home opener...
Hawk blew another 1-run save opportunity. I'm sure glad we didn't feel like we needed a closer this off-season. :rolleyes:

edit: btw, add me to the Eddy club, plz!

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
Deja vu.... Cubs have one game where the bats are alive.... then the next few games the bats are quiet and they're leaving men on base....Hawk still sucks....Dempster is our 5th starter rather than Glendon Rusch who outpitched Matt Clement last year....looks like another long season in Cubdom.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its OK. I'm still wearing my well-worn 7 5/8 Diamond "Authentic" MLB Cubs cap and will have it on until I go to bed.

This cap is like an old friend...

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Future said:
Deja vu.... Cubs have one game where the bats are alive.... then the next few games the bats are quiet and they're leaving men on base....Hawk still sucks....Dempster is our 5th starter rather than Glendon Rusch who outpitched Matt Clement last year....looks like another long season in Cubdom.
Yeah, there's no reason to freak out yet, but it'd be nice if we weren't already treated to the "same old story" in the losses.

I'm mostly just irritated with Hawkins - there are days where you only score 3 runs, no matter how good your team is, and we should have won this one. I didn't see today's game, but whenever I see Hawk pitch, he throws hittable strikes almost every pitch. He needs to learn how to set guys up to chase bad pitches for Ks more often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts