Vince
Jermaine
Iverson
McGrady
Wallace

Bench:

Baron (top 3 for MVP voting right now)
Pierce (24 ppg, he's the man in Boston)
Artest (best peremeter defender in the league also scores 18ppg)
Kidd (league leader in assists)
Redd (this guy deserves it. look at the standings, the Bucs are good, and Mikey's scoring 22 per game)
LeBron (i think he deserves to be in, but he's on the fringes. great balance of scoring and dimes)
Ilgauskas (not one of the 12 best players in the league, but this is a short team who needs another center. cound make a case for Odom in his place and have J O'Neal play some center)

Outside looking in:

Odom (i feel like he deserves to make the team. with his ballhandling ability and versatility, he is better than his stats, which are great as it is)
Marbury (one of the 12 best in the east. not yet really a representative of the eastern conference. this decision will be up to the coach.)
Chauncy (maybe one of these years)
Rip (maybe one of these years)
Shareef (get yourself on a good team, and we'll see. great stats, but who cares?)
Allan Houston (he scores a lot, but he's no all star)
Ronald Dupree (only a matter of time....)

West

Starters:

KG
Timmah!
Kobe
Franchise
The Daddy

Bench:

Brad Miller (easily better than Yao this year. and we thought he got overpaid with his new contract. when did he learn to pass like that? webba wha?)
Peja (off the parkway, through the rafters, nothing but net. webba who?)
Zach Randolph (22/11, are you serious?)
Dirk (still a scoring machine)
Cassell (do not ignore! the main reason (minus KG) for the TWolves brilliant first half)
AK47 (wierdest stats ever. Utah's new heart and soul)
Nash (still the reason the Mavs tick. leads west in assists per game)

Outside looking in:

Melo (almost made it. shooting percentage too low)
Maggette (almost put him in, 20ppg shooting 47%! team not good enough)
Yao (play too inconsistant this year. really not one of the 12 best in conference yet)
Matrix (much like Mags, great stats, team not good enough)
Shard (great stats, just too inconsistant. really took a back seat once Ray returned)
Ray Allen (not enough games due to injury. all star quality for sure)
Twan (great bounceback season, not quite all star level)
Pau (he'll make it someday. so many good PF's in the west)
Elton (too few games played - he's playing great now though)

This is who I think should be on the teams, outside of Z over Odom which I see as a need pick to fill the center position only.

Thoughts?

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Matrix gets in over AK47, I think. He's still a better player.

Otherwise, everything looks pretty good. Odom looks like he should make it, but his team hasn't exploded at all with his arrival. He's been rebounding like there's drugs hidden on the rim. Every once in a while he just decides to get like 18 rebounds. Who said this guy couldn't fill in at PF? He can block more shots if he weren't busy boxing out to grab boards for a notoriously sorry rebounding team (20th in the league).

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Baron and Pierce should be starting for the East. Period.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Its a shame about Ray's injury- he would of definately been in

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
Baron and Pierce should be starting for the East. Period.
FYI, for the starters, I have taken the current leading vote-getters verbatim, because that's what will happen for the real game. I didn't explain that well enough.

The reserves and the near misses are where I am expressing my opinions.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Yeah, I know DMD. My comment wasn't a knock on your selections, as they accurately reflect the voting. My comment was a knock on the voting itself. Vince could be sick with malaria, selling carpets in Djibouti and he'd still be voted an All-Star starter for the East.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
DMD,

You accidentally left J Oneil off the East. That drops Illghowdoyouspellitkus. I'm curious to see whether Lebron makes it...he has been the life blood of the Cavs..

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!
DMD,

You accidentally left J Oneil off the East. That drops Illghowdoyouspellitkus. I'm curious to see whether Lebron makes it...he has been the life blood of the Cavs..
Wake up Sputnik! JO is listed as one of the starters! :laugh:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ronald Dupree on Outside Looking In? You gotta be kidding me, yeah he's been solid in his first 4 games but he is not All-Star material. Definitely not this season and probably not in the near future either.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Marcus13</b>!
Its a shame about Ray's injury- he would of definately been in
I think Adelman or Popovich (whichever one coaches the ASG) will select Ray Allen.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Matrix won't get in. He is having his worst season in 4 years so far.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ronald Dupree on Outside Looking In? You gotta be kidding me, yeah he's been solid in his first 4 games but he is not All-Star material. Definitely not this season and probably not in the near future either.
Thank you Captain Obvious.... :confused:

On a side note, is anyone else surprised that Lebron isn't at the top of the voting? It's not all that uncommon for a popular rookie to find himself atop the voting (MJ, Grant Hill), especially if his numbers stack up. And let's face it, Lebron has arguably the best all around stats (with the exception of FG% and 3 PT %) of any player in the east. With all his hype and obvious fanfare, I guess I'm just a bit surprised that his vote totals aren't higher right now. He doesn't even have half of what Vince has.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>deranged40</b>!
yes, he is kidding. We knew that.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

Wake up Sputnik! JO is listed as one of the starters! :laugh:
Reading is something we should do every day...

:rbanana::rbanana::rbanana:

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

I think Adelman or Popovich (whichever one coaches the ASG) will select Ray Allen.
That would make me XTREMELY happy :yes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts