Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slowly rounding himself back into shape.

What kind of combo will he and LeBron make?

Is Ilgauskas part of the nucleous?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I don't think he is a Cav for the long term. They said they acquired McInnis to be able to move LeBron to the SG slot. I just don't see Dajuan being a point guard, at least not effective. I think he is an undersized 2, a la AI.

Ithink they ultimately deal him along with Z to attempt to get themselves a long term center prospect to sit a longside Boozer and LeBron.

The scary part is they are going to get a nice pick this draft... and that just doesn't seem fair, does it?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Naw I think Wagner is in the long term plans. Eventually he can play 2. Lebron plays 3. And Mcginnis or someone else(Raymond Felton?) plays PG. Boozer at the 4.

Or who knows really.

The Cavs are really really deep now with all their trades. Not with young unproven guys either. Their roster is really bursting at the seams right now.

Coming around.

But yeah Wagner looked good tonight.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Dajuan went 7-16 for 20pts tonight. He led the team in scoring, and they played the Kings tight before losing.

If Dajuan is available, we would have to take a look at him. I think I would trade Jamal for him, but that would be awfully strange to have the Paxson brothers trading young guards together. I think baby Wags is going to blow up if he's able to stay healthy.

It disappoints me that Lebron now wants to play off the ball. I saw Lebron at the 1 and Dajuan at the 2 as THE backcourt of the future, but the franchise will clearly do anything to keep Lebron happy. If that includes trading Wagner for another piece that the staff thinks will complement him better...maybe we can help out.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Lebron and Dajuan can definitely play in the same backcourt -- at least for the near future. Both have natural 1 and 2 skills and can probably play well off each other, provided their egos don't clash and they decide they can share the ball.

Both are good enough ball handlers and distributors that a traditional PG is completely unnecessary. When you have that much natural talent in one backcourt, you try to make it work. You don't plug in a traditional PG and get rid of a guy like Wagner just because of convention.

What's truly scary is that both of these guys, I believe, will be among the elite fraternity of NBA players who average 30 ppg in a season. It may not be accomplished alongside each other, but they are both very capable of doing it.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ChiBullsFan</b>!
Lebron and Dajuan can definitely play in the same backcourt -- at least for the near future. Both have natural 1 and 2 skills and can probably play well off each other, provided their egos don't clash and they decide they can share the ball.

Both are good enough ball handlers and distributors that a traditional PG is completely unnecessary. When you have that much natural talent in one backcourt, you try to make it work. You don't plug in a traditional PG and get rid of a guy like Wagner just because of convention.

What's truly scary is that both of these guys, I believe, will be among the elite fraternity of NBA players who average 30 ppg in a season. It may not be accomplished alongside each other, but they are both very capable of doing it.
great post, i agree with u totally. What else they could do is sign Brent Barry, hes a free agent next year isnt he. if brent plays the 3 spot on D, but plays point on offense this could work.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Wagner is a prolific scorer. Both he and Lebron could play PG and SG, but both are better at SG. That means the rotation will look like this:

Lebron: 15 minutes at PG, 22 at SG
Wagner: 10 minutes at PG, 26 at SG
McInnis/Ollie: 23 minutes at PG

Basically, McInnis will lineup opposite of Lebron when they have to go with a more traditional offense. Wagner will lead the way on the fast break. J.R. Bremer isn't going to stick around, I don't think.

Kedrick Brown, Kapono and Newble make a very decent defensive and offensive SF rotation. Boozer is a stud at PF and with big Z and backed up with Boom Boom and Diop (both about ready to explode and making the C rotation all seven-footers), they've got such a balanced team. Imagine adding Luol Deng to their ranks, or Emeka OKAFOR. Or BEN GORDON AAAGGH. Anyone they add in the high draft will make these guys a near-contender, honestly. Silas knows how to coach this team, and they are on the quick rise.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wagner is not ready to play 36 min full time in my opinion. This has really been his only good game thus far and today he had 0 assists.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I would be suprised if Wagner plays more than 30 a game the rest of the season. I think Silas will try and limit his minutes to keep him healthy. And also he's good to have as a 6th man off the bench. Instant offense type of guy for when Lebron sits. And if he plays well you can play him at the end of games.

But keep in mind this is a kid who has been very injury prone thus far in his career. The slower Silas can bring him along the better for everyone involved.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Okay, then cut out his 10 minutes at PG and keep his 26 at SG. He can play 26 mpg no problem, I think.

The 10 extra PG minutes go to McInnis or Ollie. Either way, it's a good rotation of minutes between the three of them.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Your boy is back. The bounce is back.

Dajuan off the bench tonight. Only 26 minutes, which I'm sure is about right for him right now coming off the knee injury.

17/3/4 on 6/12 shooting, with some great one on one moves. He hit a big 3 pointer in the final quarter as well.

He's a smart and talented player, and he's just getting started. His fine play allowed the Cavs to beat Philly and his mentor Iverson 95-87.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Cavs are on the move to that 8th and final playoff spot.:yes:

They've assembled a nice little group of players now. Let's see how it all mixes once Lebron gets back.

Mcginnis had a nifty night.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Wagner scores 13 of his 21 points in the 4th quarter as the Cavs come back to beat the Magic.

8-17 shooting and a big steal in the 4th quarter. He's really starting to get in the groove now.

What's so impressive about his game is that he seems to be able to penetrate at will and get a shot off. He also looked great shooting the 3 (3 for 3 tonight).

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Don't forget the 4 assists. He really had a nice game yesterday.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Bump.

Sorry to keep doing this, but my guy is keeping it up. Yes, he only shot 4-11 yesterday, but one of his makes was the game winner in the last Cleveland posession, and the Cavs beat the Heat by 1.

Nice to see Dwyane Wade back. I just love watching both of those two. Strong, short, explosive guards can play the 2 in the modern NBA. Who'd have thunk it.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
How different things might be if we'd had gotten Wade at #7 instead of Kirk. I like both players, but Wade seems like the thing we need most a scorer on the wing.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
How different things might be if we'd had gotten Wade at #7 instead of Kirk. I like both players, but Wade seems like the thing we need most a scorer on the wing.
This is going to shape up to be a great draft, with superstars and stars. I think Hinrich is bound to be a star, but I think Wade may be bound to superstardom actually. I wanted him on draft day. I'm very pleased with Hinrich, but Wade's first step, slashing ability, developing shooting touch, scoring knack, and impressive defensive ability make him an even better prospect, I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts