Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago, Duncan severely sprained his right ankle and could be out for the rest of the regular season with ligament damage that may not fully heal until next season. His status for the playoffs, and how effective he can be in the postseason, is the most significant development in the West since the Lakers broke up their mini-dynasty last summer by trading Shaquille O'Neal to the Heat.
"The entire West changed dramatically with Shaq leaving the Lakers," said Seattle GM Rick Sund this past week. "If Duncan is not 100% when the playoffs start, it changes things in our conference in a big way. I've always felt that Phoenix was the best team out here, anyway, even before Duncan went down. But he is the most dominant player in the West . . . If he's not his normal self for the playoffs, then that gives everybody a legitimate shot to get to the Finals."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/293736p-251502c.html

Changes the whole playoffs story in West if Tim is out!

So in case we make the finals... :wink:

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
That ruined my fantasy league too. I had both Duncan and Kirilenko on my team. Oh, I had Jamison too. Three top guys went down. That's my fantasy world - :cry:

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
The last time Duncan was injured in the playoffs, Shaq got his first ring w/ the Lakers by having to beat the Suns instead of the Spurs on the way to the Championship...

...that may very well happen now.

If Duncan's out, I'm expecting Pheonix to make it to the finals and lose to the Heat.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Hopefully he recovers fully, but at the same time, I'm excited about the possibility of a brand new team becoming NBA champion. The Spurs are pretty boring.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
rwj333 said:
Hopefully he recovers fully, but at the same time, I'm excited about the possibility of a brand new team becoming NBA champion. The Spurs are pretty boring.
They havn't won a ring for the past 4 years. hehe.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
PD said:
They havn't won a ring for the past 4 years. hehe.
Really? I recall them winning just 2 years ago, when they beat New Jersey. ;)

But yeah, it's seems like it's always been Chicago, SA, or LA winning championships. And the Spurs were the consensus pick by far this year.

·
Beat The Heat
1,258 Posts
PD said:
That ruined my fantasy league too. I had both Duncan and Kirilenko on my team. Oh, I had Jamison too. Three top guys went down. That's my fantasy world - :cry:
Looks like i'm not the only one having fantasy problems. In the beginning of the season i had J. O'neal, S. Jackson, and R. Artest out, due to the brawl. I had to drop Artest. And I had one other injured player, I was like 5 - 17 or so. And then O'Neal and Jackson return, I picked up V Carter, and a couple other players. I went from last to tied for first, and now i have O'neal out for the year and L. Odom out. T.Mac just came back, and i have another injured player. So now my 8 game win streak is done, and now i'm back a full game again. I guess you lose some, you win some, and then you lose some again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts