Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Steal of the Draft
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a revolutionary summer for Bulls center Eddy Curry. Under new management, going by a new nickname (E-City) and flashing a new attitude, the new-look veteran is undergoing a radical revision as he heads into a contract year that will determine if the Bulls will lock him into a long, lucrative contract that could pay him close to $90 million over seven years.
A little over a month ago, he was doing all the wrong things. He was a slouchy hip-hopper tipping the scales at 320 pounds and headed in the opposite direction of the 285-pound target weight the Bulls had set. He got ripped in the media for being on track to come to camp overweight and out of shape for the fourth straight year since the Bulls drafted him out of Thornwood High School.
White and Carter met with Bulls operations chief John Paxson, who was getting phone calls from teams hoping the Bulls were ready to unload Curry, and vowed that in 60 days, they would change Curry into a new man and a sleek player.
Well, on Tuesday, Curry made his periodic pilgrimage to the Bulls to get weighed, and the scales provided some good news for E-City lovers. He weighed in at 285 pounds, and training camp is still more than a month away.
More..

Wow...If this isn't just some PR BS this guy is gonna explode.

BFreak.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Uhh... Wasn't he 285 last season? I like Eddy Curry, but he's not a good defender and he's probably the worst rebounding 7-footer in the game (He didn't even avg 10rpg his senior year in HS!)

Speaking of bigmen getting their weight down, what's the word on Zach Randolph?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Eddie Curry is a bum. He may have lost a few pounds for his contract year, but forget this guy being transformed. Maybe someone got in his ear and said "Eddie, all you have to do is lose a few pounds and play like you care for a few months and you'll get 90 mill". He just doesn't have the competative drive it takes to do things like 1) stay in shape in the off season 2) work on his game and weaknesses. He's pretty much the same player he was when he came to the league out of high school. I can't understand why people drool over this guy--he will never be an elite player. Not because of a lack of ability, rather a lack of commitment. Anybody remember Joe Barry Carol?? 1st pick in the 1980 draft by Golden State (taken ahead of Kevin McHale) More offensive talent than many players on the 50 best all-time list. But, he was lazy as hell, and a 7'0" Center that never averaged 10 rbs/game. Eddie Curry is JBC all over again. I've seen many trade idea threads with Eddie Curry coming to the Blazers and it makes me ill. I'm telling you, this guy makes Kevin Duckworth look like Ben Wallace on the boards & defense. Let Chicago, NY, or anybody else give this guy a max deal--then watch what his weight does each off season.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lakota_Blazer</b>!
Uhh... Wasn't he 285 last season? I like Eddy Curry, but he's not a good defender and he's probably the worst rebounding 7-footer in the game (He didn't even avg 10rpg his senior year in HS!)

Speaking of bigmen getting their weight down, what's the word on Zach Randolph?
NBA.com doesn't update players' weight every season. He was likely around 300 for the majority of last year.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
The two bulls games against the blazers last year , The game in Chicago he was terrible Stepania outplayed him , but the game in Portand he had a big game .

I dont know what to take out of eddie

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Curry was at like 310 at the end of last season. That is what he called in shape then. Its disgusting to think of what he was coming into training camp last year 330-340. No guy changes this much just for a contract year. Eddy Curry will have a good season and even the stuff he says is more mature. I think Jamal Crawford being traded was a real wake up call. Management sent the message there that the bull**** was over. Curry got scared because his family has always lived in Chicago and didn't want to move and that after seeing his best buddy go he realizes that it can happen to anybody. So he hired some new agents and with some help from the worlds best basketball trainer here he is. Oh yeah and he tried the Atkins Diet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts